JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you kidding??? :s0114: Why would I want to walk a mile in your shoes let alone 7 feet for all the "fights" you've been in. Come on guy! Admit that you're embellishing just a little at least! :s0114:

Not one whit. I see you are a seer and can see my life in your crystal ball

Well, at least you're able to quote Monty Python. Or did you know you were quoting Python????

Yes, your mother was a gerbil and your father smells of anchovies

I am all for my wife being able to protect herself but there is a whole lot more to self defense than pulling a gun. We talked about awareness. She decided to get a pepper spray she can keep on a key chain. We talked about gouging eyes, kicking groins, scratching faces, and punching throats. We talked about how she can carry now on her body or in her purse. Because neither at this point in time are conducive to the whole notion of being able to access a firearm she and I decided that we need to find a purse and holster system that she can use and be much more at ease and confident with carrying. Despite this, at the current time she doesn't have the confidence or competence to access, present, discern a good shoot, and make an accurate self defense shot under pressure. She has a valid Oregon CCL but just because she jumped through the hoops doesn't mean she should carry if she has no ability to utilize a gun competently. Even at distances of 5 yards she can't call her shot. It's literally a crap shoot on where the bullet might go. Back her up to 8-10 yards and she can miss a human torso silhouette all together.

The life insurance comment is low class bovine scat.

Self defense doesn't have sex boundaries. I don't care if you are a mans man or womans woman if you can't confidently and competently use a tool to do a job then you either need to practice, get more training, or come up with a plan C.

Good for you. Mrs. Alpha talks me out of bad ideas, and I talk her out of bad ideas. We listen to each other, because we respect one another's judgment. Damn I love being married to a good woman. But I still want that Ducati.

I'm 50 years old and have never been in a serious altercation. I've worked in bars for many years and spent time in some really unsavory areas.

Don't get me wrong, I've been threatened. I've run the other way. I've seen danger coming and headed away from it. More than a few times. I'm not going to dive into any sort of fight unless I absolutely have to. If that day comes, I do hope I'm prepared, but I also hope I never have to find out.

Seems like a common-sense way to live. I have nothing to prove to anyone but myself. My manhood is intact, and so is my health and my loved ones.

Just saying...

Self defense doesn't have sex boundaries. I don't care if you are a mans man or womans woman if you can't confidently and competently use a tool to do a job then you either need to practice, get more training, or come up with a plan C.
picard-facepalm.jpg

Then try treating her as an equal and "let her have" the right to protect herself like a grown adult. I can't believe some of the things I read these days.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top