Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Talk me out of it - cutting up a Remington Model 17

OP
notazombie
Reactions
Yup, that's the one. They made a bazillion of them so no real collector value. From the poking around I did it looks like they were made from '46-'62 in several varieties. Mine started as a real base model with no choke or rib. I also found several references to the early models having no disconnector, making them capable of slam fire. This appears to be one of those earlier models. Regardless, they seem to be very highly regarded for their quality in spite of being a department store line.
I'll finish the grip and take it out and beat on it, then check back in.

LATEST REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I've always felt comfortable at J&B, first time I ever went there I walked out with a new Glock...
    • Zapata47
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Maybe I'm biased since I live 5 minutes away, but Peter and his crew have always been friendly...
    • Zapata47
  • Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    It has been a while since I have been in the store just because I don't get to downtown Tigard...
    • bobcat7677
  • Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Love all the Guys and Gals, the redbeard is pleased. Even if it wasn't 1 min away from my house...
    • SVT-ROY
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I bugged these guys for a while as I was on the fence as to what safe to buy. There are so many...
    • trekkerpaul

Staff online