JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A fellow member on this site had this gun listed for sale for quite some time. Yesterday I was able to make it to his place to complete the transaction and was able to bring it home.
I know the Gladius isn't everybody's cup of tea but having enjoyed a .22 and .25, I was curious how the .177 would perform.

Not having any 30mm rings to mount a 4-24 Vortex Strike Eagle, I found a 4.5-14 Burris Timberline scope that the previous owner had mounted in some quick attach rings. The rings were too low to allow mounting on the Gladius rail but a cheap quick attach riser I had purchased for another project solved that and allowed me to at least try the gun out.

At the bench I was disappointed to find the gun shooting to the right and as the previous owner of the scope had it windage adjusted nearly to the limit to the left, I was unable to get it centered on the bull. Put on my thinking cap and decided to try putting a shim in the riser that would hopefully shift the POI enough to get on target. Was happy to find this actually worked well to get me where I wanted to hit.
The pellets I had on the shooting bench were some 10.65 Baracuda Match.
I shot some at the gun power level 2 and was happy with the result at 36 yards. I then moved the power level to 3 and found the POI went up about an inch. I think the gun would be capable of better results with a good shooter pulling the trigger but I don't seem to be improving with age.
I am looking forward to working with this one and hopefully will be a little better after I get the stock adjusted to my liking.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top