Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Swamp People the TV series

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Cougfan2, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Does anybody watch the "Swamp People" TV series? I have to admit I find it entertaining watching those good old boys catching gators, but I have one problem with it. The condition of their guns are CRAP! I've seen truck guns that have been banged around in trucks for years that look pristine when compared to most of these guys rifles. I realize they are working in a very harsh brackish water swamp environment, but come on, how much trouble would it be just to wipe the rifle down after that day and put a little oil on it. Oh well, guess I was just raised to treat my tools a little better.

2. clarthom

clarthom oregon Member

dem bois out dayr is uh differnt tipe o folk

3. Cougfan2

Funny thing is, I understand them perfectly. Wonder what that says about me? :laugh:

4. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

I'd be happy if they'd quit forgetting to load the danged things....and then calling it a 'misfire'.
    It is an entertaining show tho.

5. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

I like that there show,specilly when the get frogs fir supper

6. Cougfan2

Frog legs are pretty good eatin'! :thumbup:

7. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

Well, since I might be related to some of them ol' boys, I bes' be mindin' my tongue.

8. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Worked as a civilian consultant for awhile on some US Navy ships. Had freezer burned alligator alfredo several days in a row on an LPD right at the end of a 6-8 month deployment in 2001 or so. Not impressed. At all.

Always imagined if a dehydrated chicken and a fish had a baby...

Probably nothing like the 'gator Troy and his kin deep-fry fresh from the swamp. Looks goooood!

9. Cougfan2

That Cajun food is really good if you get it cooked right. I worked with a guy who lived in Houston who's wife was a Cajun gal. Cooked us up some crawfish Etoufee one time when I was down on business. Some of the best food I have ever eaten.