JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for someone local to Salem with a 9mm alignment rod for suppressors. Just finished my Form 1 can and would like to check it before firing.
Willing to pay $20 for a quick check!

E9190778-A0A1-47ED-8485-336290DA9BA4.jpeg

How's it look through the bore? I don't have any experience with pistol suppressors, just my two rifle ones. I'd think if the bore is of the proper size and looks clear through the bore I'd feel ok to try it, but easy to say when it's not my money. Good luck and keep us posted how it works.

How's it look through the bore? I don't have any experience with pistol suppressors, just my two rifle ones. I'd think if the bore is of the proper size and looks clear through the bore I'd feel ok to try it, but easy to say when it's not my money. Good luck and keep us posted how it works.
Looks great through the bore! I'm tempted to just fire it and see. But seeing as I cannot legally repair the suppressor if I damage it, I kinda want to check first. Lol

They straighten barrels by eye so using that same technique, it would stand to logic that one would be able to discern if it was ganked or not.

Graingers has 11/32 drill rod which is slightly undersized to 9mm.
You could visit a local store and find a true straight piece (roll on a glass countertop) and build it up with a layer of paper or other material like shrink tubing.

McMaster-Carr Item 8893K233

Tight-Tolerance Oil-Hardening O1 Tool Steel Rod, 0.3480" Diameter

I've been considering doing that. They are so inexpensive. I have a hard time imagining a 3ft rod making it through the mail system and staying true. Lol
They've been good for me, YMMV. They shipped it in a super rigid cardboard tube. Could probably hit a home run with the shipping tube. I'd pop some calipers in the barrel to ensure you get the right size rod.

Geeze. A straight dowel or metal rod would suffice, don't ya think?
jbett's build up with heat shrink is a neat idea.
Yup, I got the dowel from McM-C, a hair undersized put a wrap of masking tape around it and seemed to align perfectly. Cheap, worked great, shipped securely, etc.

Got it all checked and tested.
22 subs that wouldn't cycle but were absolutely silent.
And some 124gr 9mm out of the AR9 Need to find some 9mm subs.

Attachments

• IMG_4544.MOV
    46.6 MB
  • FullSizeRender.mov
    3.6 MB

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR