JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How come arrows in movies, made of wood and fired from long bows at considerably lower velocities, never penetrate more than 5 inches and kill instantly?

Easy, most sportsmen/modern archers use a modern 9mm broadhead, while in movies they typically depict the old historical .45 arrowheads.

Because we all know the Hollywood arrows use non sharp arrow heads flying at a reduced velocity designed to stick in only so far causing great agony and pain so the victims usually scream or stagger around a bit before falling to the ground. The also squirt blood better.

Lots of blood. Lots and lots of blood. Usually red but not always. Also sometimes looks fake which it would never be because it is Hollywood and Hollywood never lies cheats or steals or uses foul language because it is the American way. I really need to eat some more. Diet. :)

Ive seen animals hit with 400 grain arrows with razor sharp broad heads going 300fps. The arrow usually exits and the animal often runs a decent distance before dying.

How come arrows in movies, made of wood and fired from long bows at considerably lower velocities, never penetrate more than 5 inches and kill instantly?
I refer you to the Bugs Bunny and Road runner/Wile. E. Coyote cartoon school of physics. The same school offers a course in PNW politics.

I've watched that video before. It's amazing how large that animal is. Good lord.
It looks like he hits it in the shoulder. But man it was a dead moose standing.
I would crap my pants. Not sure how he didn't charge.

Learn the Yondu Whistle... you'll get some SERIOUS arrow action!

IMG_4683.PNG

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top