JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
'Extremely high levels' of toxic algae confirmed at Summit Lake

It is an algae bloom of some kind.
I frequent this lake in the summer because it is only 25 mins from the house and the fishing is good. I even fished it last week and took home 9 rainbows from there. I ate 2 of them.....
I'M GONNA DIE!!!!!:s0039:

At this time, residents and lake users should not:

▪ Drink water taken from the lake until laboratory tests show the water is safe. Disinfection, boiling and treatment systems do not remove or deactivate algae toxin.

▪ Shower in water taken from the lake.

▪ Fish, swim or otherwise be in contact with the water.

▪ Allow pets and children near the water.

Fishing related, my buddy Mike and I were taking my son out of Illwaco WA for the salmon! Mike had this advice for my kid! "If your throwing up and you feel something round and hairy in your throat, clamp your teeth together and swallow hard!!! It's your azz hole! :D

Don't get too pooped to pop, Jim! :)

Last Edited:
Is it still closed? I bet all those with lake property are having bubblegumfits over this. Those property values must be sinking by the day.

It really doesn't matter to the county or state those people are still paying their property taxes the same as always no matter what the problem is.
As far as I know it's still closed.Jim

<----been waiting for years for a lava vent to rupture and drain the lake.
I grew up at Summit Lake. With all the development over the years, it sucks.

<----been waiting for years for a lava vent to rupture and drain the lake.
I grew up at Summit Lake. With all the development over the years, it sucks.

Just imagine my shock when some guy had the Gaul to tell me I could no longer fish in front of his property on the lake I grew up fishing. Claimed it was his property... I told him I had a legal right to fish there from my canoe and he couldn't do squat about it. I was twelve.

I know the feeling... Deer lake was always pretty developed, but this guy had just moved in and wanted to build everything up... Tho I think he ran into problems with the 100' drop down to the water. Probably why it was an undeveloped area to begin with.

Just imagine my shock when some guy had the Gaul to tell me I could no longer fish in front of his property on the lake I grew up fishing. Claimed it was his property... I told him I had a legal right to fish there from my canoe and he couldn't do squat about it. I was twelve.

I know the feeling... Deer lake was always pretty developed, but this guy had just moved in and wanted to build everything up... Tho I think he ran into problems with the 100' drop down to the water. Probably why it was an undeveloped area to begin with.
Oh man go on YouTube there are hundreds of video 's of people telling yelling calling the police and everything else you can think of about someone fishing in front of there lake house there was just a huge lawsuit settled in Santa Cruz California the Co owner of SUN TECHNOLOGY OR SUN SOMETHING. Bought a house on the beach year's ago and closed it to the public lol he lost in court but only after a three year battle unlimited money to fight the courts the non profit organization SURF RIDER STEPPED IN AND FOUGHT HIM I'M SURE IT DRAINED THERE LIMITED BUDGET BUT THEY WON

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top