JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh man, good luck.
I'm sure you'll get one, no tips necessarily, but one of the main reasons I have not tried for them since I became an adult is that (as far as I am aware) you are no longer allowed to use dogs to hunt them. I understand that they are the way to keep from being hunted oneself.
Good luck and be careful.

First buy yourself a nice NIKE running suit not sure which color works best (think of it like a fishing spinner try a couple colors see what works best) The swing by and pickup some 80% Burger rub that all over your shoes and lower pants legs. then go for a run on the quietest trail you can find in Cougar country. Pretty sure it will work eventually.

Best of luck on your hunt. I've never called in a lion, but some folks know how to do that. Might be some good instructional videos over on YouTube.

The meat is good. I've had it in a stir-fry and in stew. Has an unusual smell when being browned in a skillet, but tastes like high-quality beef to me. If you do decide to eat it, be sure to cook it thoroughly, to kill off any parasites.

where at in the blue mtns? i could tell you where a cougar den is if youre close enough. theres atleast 4 of them living in there as of last month. a mom and 3 kittens

where at in the blue mtns? i could tell you where a cougar den is if youre close enough. theres atleast 4 of them living in there as of last month. a mom and 3 kittens
The blue mountains are located in Eastern Oregon between Pendleton and La Grande. If you want to message me, I can be reached here.

yes, i hunt the blue mountains near ukiah. this past deer season, a hunting partner of mine saw 3 kittens in a den while we were hunting. the surrounding area of ukiah is riddled with cats.

BE5AA7E0-6C13-4322-A219-B36E3ED2A102.png

heres coordinants to the approximate location.

its off of NF52 the granite highway

You aren't gonna get a lion unless it's luck. You have to hunt right after snow. Go to pilot rock. If you have some affair with calling them in, get in brush and try a turkey call.

Last Edited:
You aren't gonna get a lion unless it's look. You have to hunt right after snow. Go to pilot rock. If you have some affair with calling them in, get in brush and try a turkey call.
We have hunted East of Pilot Rock up the Pearson Creek 51 road up to the top/summit and around granite meadows. Good idea on the turkey call!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top