JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh man, good luck.
I'm sure you'll get one, no tips necessarily, but one of the main reasons I have not tried for them since I became an adult is that (as far as I am aware) you are no longer allowed to use dogs to hunt them. I understand that they are the way to keep from being hunted oneself.
Good luck and be careful.

First buy yourself a nice NIKE running suit not sure which color works best (think of it like a fishing spinner try a couple colors see what works best) The swing by and pickup some 80% Burger rub that all over your shoes and lower pants legs. then go for a run on the quietest trail you can find in Cougar country. Pretty sure it will work eventually.

Best of luck on your hunt. I've never called in a lion, but some folks know how to do that. Might be some good instructional videos over on YouTube.

The meat is good. I've had it in a stir-fry and in stew. Has an unusual smell when being browned in a skillet, but tastes like high-quality beef to me. If you do decide to eat it, be sure to cook it thoroughly, to kill off any parasites.

where at in the blue mtns? i could tell you where a cougar den is if youre close enough. theres atleast 4 of them living in there as of last month. a mom and 3 kittens

where at in the blue mtns? i could tell you where a cougar den is if youre close enough. theres atleast 4 of them living in there as of last month. a mom and 3 kittens
The blue mountains are located in Eastern Oregon between Pendleton and La Grande. If you want to message me, I can be reached here.

yes, i hunt the blue mountains near ukiah. this past deer season, a hunting partner of mine saw 3 kittens in a den while we were hunting. the surrounding area of ukiah is riddled with cats.

BE5AA7E0-6C13-4322-A219-B36E3ED2A102.png

heres coordinants to the approximate location.

its off of NF52 the granite highway

You aren't gonna get a lion unless it's luck. You have to hunt right after snow. Go to pilot rock. If you have some affair with calling them in, get in brush and try a turkey call.

Last Edited:
You aren't gonna get a lion unless it's look. You have to hunt right after snow. Go to pilot rock. If you have some affair with calling them in, get in brush and try a turkey call.
We have hunted East of Pilot Rock up the Pearson Creek 51 road up to the top/summit and around granite meadows. Good idea on the turkey call!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top