Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Suggestions for a concealed carry 9mm?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by MarySunshine, Oct 1, 2012.

1. MarySunshine

MarySunshine Newberg New Member

Have a Glock 26 Gen 4 I am selling/ trading but need to replace it w a concealable 9. Have carried Kel Tech PF 9 and sold that, just didn't like the gun. Any suggestions? Thanks,
    Mary Sunshine

2. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

If you can find one, an M&P Shield is a great one. My wife loves hers (replaced her PF9 with it). And there are a ton of others you could go for. My suggestion is, if you can find a range which rents guns, you go try out several and get what you like from that. Not sure what might be near you, but English Pit over in Vancouver (it would be quite a drive for you) does rent and has several different types.

3. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

Almost every major manufacturer makes some kind of compact/subcompact 9mm. Go rent some and buy your favorite. What I like, you may find uncomfortable for your hand or not shoot well.

Tacticool22 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. MarySunshine

Thanks, will check it out.

5. MarySunshine

True. thanks.

6. 97321

97321 Albany Active Member

Taurus 709 slim. Very comfortable, and disappears IWB. I carry this all summer in all outfits, including shorts and t-shirt. When I wear heavier clothes I switch to a little more capacity with an EAA Witness P Carry.

7. MarySunshine

Thanks!

8. fyrediver

fyrediver Seattle Active Member

I've got a Kahr CW9. Small, thin, shoots well, carries IWB very well. I bought it to replace a Keltec PF9 and am very happy with it. Doesn't have the same sting when shooting as the PF9.

9. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

For a compact pistol take a look at the Ruger LC9 if you want a pocket pistol, for a sub-compact pistol I have a Taurus PT-145 (.45ACP) that is COMFORTABLE in the hand so maybe the Taurus PT-109 (9mm) would be a consideration, although my CCW is now a Glock-30 (.45ACP). Kahr pistols are very nice, as well as Sig-Sauer making some very nice and affordable CCW pieces.

10. bmgm37

bmgm37 Coos Bay Active Member

I have the Springfield EMP in 9mm.....love this gun!!

4NONISSUE and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Solomon

Solomon Vancouver Active Member

What is it about the Glock 26 that didn't work for you?

12. Muddslinger12

Muddslinger12 Vancouver Active Member

Ruger Lc9 has had my attention for awhile but, really like most have said, you really wanna feel whats good for you. I personally like alot of Ruger products there LC9 was 2011 gun of the year (according to their website) they also have a LcP which is even smaller but in .380 auto. I own a Sr9 (the full size 9mm) its a great pistol! Its "little bro" is the Sr9c which is a "sub-compact" but it also has a adapter to accept the full size Sr9 (17 round) Mags.

Good Luck with your decision, I know the hardest part is picking (just) ONE!! lol

13. jrprich

jrprich PNW Well-Known Member

Sig Sauer P938
    very small, all metal, controls like a 1911, great shooter :thumbup:

P938-Blackwood-Detail-L.jpg

14. M67

M67 NW Oregon Active Member

Have you looked at the Sig Sauer P290 or the P224, etc.. They might be what your looking for.

15. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Right now I'm carrying a Kahr P45 with CT laser in a Crossbreed holster IWB.
    I have carried a KelTec P-40 with the .357 SIG barrel, a Taurus PT-145 also in a Crossbreed, a H&K .45, a Kahr PM9 with CT laser and several others.
    Contemplating getting a Kimber Solo CDP, but so far the reports don't really favor it much over less expensive alternates.
    I've found that I shoot the P45 Kahr better than the PM9.

Edit: Now have a new Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II that I just started carrying.

16. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

as you can see there are plenty of options what you need to do is go to a few gun stores or a gun show and play touchy feely with all the 9mm guns it a personal choice like asking someone what kind of car to buy besides going to gun stores/ shows is fun

17. mpperales

mpperales Happy Valley, Oregon Well-Known Member

Check your PM Mary...

18. RBid

RBid Wilsonville, OR Well-Known Member

I carry a Ruger SR9c, which I have found to be easily concealable. I wear it everywhere, in all weather. I wear it to work, which has involved a lot of bend/twist/reach, and direct customer interactions. I don't have to 'dress around it', though I think that always wearing a 'wife beater' made from (relatively) heavy material under my shirts has helped erase prints.

In general, I believe that it is best to carry the most duty-capable weapon that you can commit to carrying every day. Many people seem determined to find the smallest possible weapon, and compromise function too readily.

evltwn and (deleted member) like this.
  19. greydog111

greydog111 peoples repubilik of Oregon Active Member

Kahr MK9 stainless 9mm. Really high quality, all steel, shoots to point of aim. Not a high cap. but really nice sidearm and easy to carry deep cover.

20. KCB

KCB Hillsboro Active Member

My new favorite is the Sig P938, However I have no issues with a Glock 26 either. Sig is just a lot smaller package, but your also giving up 3 rounds with the Sig...