JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you can find one, an M&P Shield is a great one. My wife loves hers (replaced her PF9 with it). And there are a ton of others you could go for. My suggestion is, if you can find a range which rents guns, you go try out several and get what you like from that. Not sure what might be near you, but English Pit over in Vancouver (it would be quite a drive for you) does rent and has several different types.

Almost every major manufacturer makes some kind of compact/subcompact 9mm. Go rent some and buy your favorite. What I like, you may find uncomfortable for your hand or not shoot well.

If you can find one, an M&P Shield is a great one. My wife loves hers (replaced her PF9 with it). And there are a ton of others you could go for. My suggestion is, if you can find a range which rents guns, you go try out several and get what you like from that. Not sure what might be near you, but English Pit over in Vancouver (it would be quite a drive for you) does rent and has several different types.

Thanks, will check it out.

Taurus 709 slim. Very comfortable, and disappears IWB. I carry this all summer in all outfits, including shorts and t-shirt. When I wear heavier clothes I switch to a little more capacity with an EAA Witness P Carry.

I've got a Kahr CW9. Small, thin, shoots well, carries IWB very well. I bought it to replace a Keltec PF9 and am very happy with it. Doesn't have the same sting when shooting as the PF9.

For a compact pistol take a look at the Ruger LC9 if you want a pocket pistol, for a sub-compact pistol I have a Taurus PT-145 (.45ACP) that is COMFORTABLE in the hand so maybe the Taurus PT-109 (9mm) would be a consideration, although my CCW is now a Glock-30 (.45ACP). Kahr pistols are very nice, as well as Sig-Sauer making some very nice and affordable CCW pieces.

Ruger Lc9 has had my attention for awhile but, really like most have said, you really wanna feel whats good for you. I personally like alot of Ruger products there LC9 was 2011 gun of the year (according to their website) they also have a LcP which is even smaller but in .380 auto. I own a Sr9 (the full size 9mm) its a great pistol! Its "little bro" is the Sr9c which is a "sub-compact" but it also has a adapter to accept the full size Sr9 (17 round) Mags.

Good Luck with your decision, I know the hardest part is picking (just) ONE!! lol

Sig Sauer P938
very small, all metal, controls like a 1911, great shooter :s0155:

P938-Blackwood-Detail-L.jpg

Right now I'm carrying a Kahr P45 with CT laser in a Crossbreed holster IWB.
I have carried a KelTec P-40 with the .357 SIG barrel, a Taurus PT-145 also in a Crossbreed, a H&K .45, a Kahr PM9 with CT laser and several others.
Contemplating getting a Kimber Solo CDP, but so far the reports don't really favor it much over less expensive alternates.
I've found that I shoot the P45 Kahr better than the PM9.

Edit: Now have a new Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II that I just started carrying.

as you can see there are plenty of options what you need to do is go to a few gun stores or a gun show and play touchy feely with all the 9mm guns it a personal choice like asking someone what kind of car to buy besides going to gun stores/ shows is fun

I carry a Ruger SR9c, which I have found to be easily concealable. I wear it everywhere, in all weather. I wear it to work, which has involved a lot of bend/twist/reach, and direct customer interactions. I don't have to 'dress around it', though I think that always wearing a 'wife beater' made from (relatively) heavy material under my shirts has helped erase prints.

In general, I believe that it is best to carry the most duty-capable weapon that you can commit to carrying every day. Many people seem determined to find the smallest possible weapon, and compromise function too readily.

My new favorite is the Sig P938, However I have no issues with a Glock 26 either. Sig is just a lot smaller package, but your also giving up 3 rounds with the Sig...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top