JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As already mentioned, the SW M&P Shield 9mm is such a nice gun. I was blessed and lucky enough to have a member on here sell one to me, especially when they're tough to get hold of. However, my wife and I are on the opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of size. She's small and petite and i'm big and tall. She LOVES the Shield with her small hands and to me, with my big hands, it is everything i'd want in a concealable 9mm. The trigger is just so crisp and the gun is well thought out, especially for the price.

Look into the Ruger SR9c. I carry one every day at work under a tucked T-shirt and no-one is the wiser. I use a hybrid kydex/leather holster to carry it in, and it carries great. I can also shoot it very well with the crisp trigger and nice sights. I carry a Keltec PF9 on occasion in a pocket, but prefer to carry my Ruger because it is a larger gun and more easily handled. I feel like I will be able to utilize the larger gun better if the time comes that I have to use it.

That being said, go check out a bunch of guns at a gun store or show and see which ones fit you the best. The perfect fit for some is a terrible fit for others, so you would be best served by finding a gun that fits you the best, practice often, and carry always. Be safe out there!

In general, I believe that it is best to carry the most duty-capable weapon that you can commit to carrying every day. Many people seem determined to find the smallest possible weapon, and compromise function too readily.

Exactly why I carry a Kahr P45 rather then my KT P-40 or the Kahr PM9. I just shoot the P45 better.

I was using the XDm 3.8 as my CC, which was great but always felt a bit bulky during the summer. I just got the Shield and absolutely love it. As others have said it is easily concealed and for the price a great shooter.

They can be hard to find but if you put a deposit down on one you should get it with a month, 2 at the most.

What do folks think of the Kimber Solo. Looks pretty sweet for CCW.

<broken link removed>

kim_solo_carry_ss.jpg

kim_solo_carry_ss.jpg

I've got a Kahr CW9. Small, thin, shoots well, carries IWB very well. I bought it to replace a Keltec PF9 and am very happy with it. Doesn't have the same sting when shooting as the PF9.

I currently carry a M&P Shield. Before that I had a Kahr P9 which is the same size, weight, dimensions as the CW9.

I sold my P9 and I regret it every day.

The M&P is a great gun, but there are just little things about it that bother me. Like, the two magazines sizes. The small one seems just a tad small, and the long one is longer than it needs to be. The CW9 is the perfect grip length (In my opinion.. but then again, who else's opinion would I be giving?)

The CW9 has a longer barrel, but a shorter overall length. Plus, it's thinner, lighter, has no safety to monkey with, it's available now and it's $100 cheaper than the Shield.

I doubt that I'll ever get rid of my Shield, but I'll definitely be buying another Kahr very shortly. Probably the CW9.

I think a great practice, if you have this option, is to...

- go to the range with prospective carry options
- set up targets at 3-5 yards
- dump a mag into the target, as fast as you can.
- repeat, with a one-handed grip

See how comfortable and confident you are putting shots on target quickly.

If you can do this somewhere that allows movement, even better.

I think a great practice, if you have this option, is to...

- go to the range with prospective carry options
- set up targets at 3-5 yards
- dump a mag into the target, as fast as you can.
- repeat, with a one-handed grip

See how comfortable and confident you are putting shots on target quickly.

If you can do this somewhere that allows movement, even better.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but I've always thought it would be a good idea if fellow gun owners would get together for mutual shooting tryouts. Like if I have a Shield and you have a CW9 and we both want to try out the other, then how about we get together and shoot each othes guns? Ya know?

When my kids were little my wife used to arrange "Playdates" with other parents kids. Something kind of like that.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but I've always thought it would be a good idea if fellow gun owners would get together for mutual shooting tryouts. Like if I have a Shield and you have a CW9 and we both want to try out the other, then how about we get together and shoot each othes guns? Ya know?

When my kids were little my wife used to arrange "Playdates" with other parents kids. Something kind of like that.

I like that idea. :s0155:

Sent from my LG Optimus Elite using Tapatalk 2

Ive been carrying my Ruger LC9 in the warm weather and its so comfy and easy to carry Ill stick with it in winter instead of my usual 1911 that I carry in the cold months, Its very accurate and I dont mind that long trigger pull at all, My daughter thinks its hers, shes a very petite 18year old and it fits her so well I might just have to get her one for herself, shes been shooting since she was six and is very very good with it.

I think a S&W 3914 or 3913 would be excellent if you can find one.

James Ruby

Thanks, James. I bought a Gen 3 G 26. The Gen 4 never was a good fit. had lots of FTF's but no one else had that problem,
Do you know how I can delete the for sale/trade posting on this forum? I can't find my posting anywhere to delete it since the gun has been sold.
Thanks!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads