JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I recently bought the Sig Tango 1-6x and the Bushnell AR 1-6x. I actually prefer the reticle on the Bushnell and couldn't get the Sig to focus (it was always slightly blurry, like it was manufactured to be focused 15' beyond the scope only). I thought it was just me or my eyes, but I took it back to sportsman's and the manager agreed that something was definitely wrong. I'm still really interested in checking out the Burris, but the Bushnell was such a good deal I'll keep it either way.

I recently bought the Sig Tango 1-6x and the Bushnell AR 1-6x. I actually prefer the reticle on the Bushnell and couldn't get the Sig to focus (it was always slightly blurry, like it was manufactured to be focused 15' beyond the scope only). I thought it was just me or my eyes, but I took it back to sportsman's and the manager agreed that something was definitely wrong. I'm still really interested in checking out the Burris, but the Bushnell was such a good deal I'll keep it either way.
Check out the Burris RT-6. It's superb for the price and NOT made in China. I have a Tango MSR and mine has been good, I still prefer the RT6 though.

I bought a RT-6 for a buddy it is pretty nice. I have a older burris tac30 and I love it. I have more expensive lvpos and really can't tell the difference.

I bought a RT-6 for a buddy it is pretty nice. I have a older burris tac30 and I love it. I have more expensive lvpos and really can't tell the difference.
Good to hear!

I don't have much experience with LPVO's, but I've been looking to change that with my new 16" BCM AR. Initially I was going to go with one of the mid-tier options, something along the lines of the Vortex Viper PST. The Burris RT-6 was on sale, and since I had no idea whether I'd prefer an LPVO over a dot and magnifier combo, I figured maybe it'd be better to answer that question before dropping the coin on a nicer one. When it arrived, I was blown away. I can't believe how nice it is, especially for the $280 I paid (no mount). I'm really looking forward to comparing it to some higher end options, but I won't be surprised if the additional cost isn't worth it for my use case.

Good to hear!

I don't have much experience with LPVO's, but I've been looking to change that with my new 16" BCM AR. Initially I was going to go with one of the mid-tier options, something along the lines of the Vortex Viper PST. The Burris RT-6 was on sale, and since I had no idea whether I'd prefer an LPVO over a dot and magnifier combo, I figured maybe it'd be better to answer that question before dropping the coin on a nicer one. When it arrived, I was blown away. I can't believe how nice it is, especially for the $280 I paid (no mount). I'm really looking forward to comparing it to some higher end options, but I won't be surprised if the additional cost isn't worth it for my use case.
I have eotech vudus and a couple leupold. For a lvpo it doesn't take much and Burris is definitely worth more than they charge i think, long range 1000yard yeah cheap doesn't really do well.

They have some pretty nifty stuff coming out soon.
I'm kinda liking that Nova reticle.
$340 isn't bad.

I'm getting a couple of the Auto-Live battery caps as soon as they are available, those are pretty slick.

PA is also a US company, unlike Holosun and a few others. I know LVPOs aren't really Holotube's thing but I gotta throw out the support for US companies here. Too many Chinese produced optics these days.

Like Vortex and others.
SLx is made in China
GLx is made in the Philippines I believe.
PLx is made in Japan.

USA companies that have their stuff made elsewhere, with the cheapest being China.
Some companies have Japanese glass but the scope is still assembled in China.

Q: Can you talk about the different lines of Primary Arms optics, where they are made, and why they are optics that shooters can trust?

Stephen Morgan, Primary Arms – The difference between the PLx, GLx, and our SLx is feature sets. We do source from a few different countries at the moment. Some of our more entry-level Primary Arms optics do come out of China. Some of our mid-tier stuff tends to come out of the Philippines. Our higher-end stuff comes out of Japan. Regardless of where they come from, we still control the design and the quality control. We have rigorous inspections regarding quality control requirements for the factories. Every product that ships out of our door, regardless of the tier or the price, gets inspected by our in-house inspection team here in Houston.

https://www.arbuildjunkie.com/primary-arms-optics-overview-an-arbuildjunkie-qa/

Riton is Japanese and very well regarded by those I know who have one. Here is a 1-8x24 under $500. Give it a BDC reticle with built in ranging like the ACSS and this would be tough to beat. Comes in black and FDE

Riton is Japanese and very well regarded by those I know who have one. Here is a 1-8x24 under $500. Give it a BDC reticle with built in ranging like the ACSS and this would be tough to beat. Comes in black and FDE

I like Riton i have a few, but they do the same lower end is china higher end is japan.

Any self respecting patriot should avoid MIC sh1t at all costs. I know it's not completely unavoidable but at least try.

Like Vortex and others.
SLx is made in China
GLx is made in the Philippines I believe.
PLx is made in Japan.
RT6 is also made in the Philippines. Not sure if anyone has already said that

The Vortex PST 1-4x24 can be had for $320 ish. That one has an illuminated donut/ring for 1x shooting. It doesn't have a BDC reticle but if you zero 25/300 that takes care of most LPVO work.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads