JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm in the market for a sub $400 LPVO and I'm trying think what else besides the Burris RT-6 1-6 I would consider. It is basically the same size/weight and has a similar reticle as my Kahles K16i, which I like better than a Vortex Strike Eagle's. Suggestions?

I've been researching a bunch in this price-range and still haven't come to a conclusion myself. I do see a lot of people recommend the Strike Eagles as well as the PST Gen II but those will generally be above the target price. I do read good things about the Swampfox scopes for their prices but the reviewer I saw said they don't quite get bright enough illumination wise for their preference (thought that reviewer also lived in the desert). Primary Arms' LPVOs have good glass and design, but I'm personally wary of their ACSS reticle. I have one in a fixed magnification prism sight and find it far too small, the ranging stadia feels like I'm at the optometrist getting a vision test.

C_DOES on Youtube does a lot of first-person reviews of LPVOs lately. I haven't sorted through all of them yet, but their review on the Sig Tango MSR 1-6 stuck out in my mind as it was less than $400 including a mount, which could save you $60-100 alone easily.

Here's that video, but I like his reviewing style to his other vids might be good food for thought.

SuperSetCA also has some good LPVOs vids but I haven't seen as many of those. They talk over the Swampfox here but also show several other LPVOs in or near that price envelope.

The also have a general primer that I found interesting, where they talk about potential drawbacks of getting too much magnification, though you won't likely have to worry about that at 1-6.

Hope that helps. I'm looking too so I'll be curious to hear what others have to say.

You're smoking crack like Hunter if you haven't checked out Primary Arms line of LPVO's. They rock! I have them on multiple platforms and I will say, they function and perform amazing. 😃

The Blackhound scopes are pretty good for the money but they recently bumped their prices up…I've got a couple as do a few of my co workers (was a dealer for them but not anymore) only heard one complaint about the lowest power setting on the 1-8 actually being lower then 1 power but seem pretty solid scopes

I bought a Zeiss Conquest 1-4 a few years ago in a deep sale for $350, I've been kicking myself every since for not having bought a few more.

Last Edited:
I just got an Athlon 1-10 and I'm actually pretty happy with it. Sighted in really quickly. Clear glass, zero stays put, daylight bright, so far so good. Only downsides are its a tad heavy and Not the best eye relief at 10x but for $400 it was hard to beat. Just work out more and find a good cheek weld :) Also have a strike eagle 1-8 that is super solid as well and there customer service can't be beat. Here is a couple pics of the athlon.

20220309_115701-01.jpeg 20220309_115428.jpg

I just got an Athlon 1-10 and I'm actually pretty happy with it.
I have some of Ahtlon's longer range scopes and have been very happy with them. Haven't taken the dive yet on their LPVOs. Part of me hopes they'll come out with a cheaper, snazzy Argos 1-? FFP for me to fall in love with.

Last Edited:
The only two cheap LPVO's I've tried are the 1x-6x Vortex Strike Eagle and the 1x-6x Primary Arms SLx. I got rid of the Strike Eagle and kept the Primary Arms.

The Primary Arms seemed to have better glass to my eye. I also like the reticle in the PA scope better. I have one with the ACSS Griffin Mil reticle and like it a lot. It's functional but not too busy. I have used the PA scope on a 3-gun rifle for a couple years. It has held zero being tossed around and I have shot matches in pouring rain and in the moon dust sand over in Parma, ID. No failures at all so far. I eventually upgraded to a better scope, but I still use the PA scope on another rifle.

It has the same down sides of most cheaper scopes. The glass isn't amazing at full power, it's heavy, and its eats batteries at fast rate. The magnification throw leaver is also hard to turn without adding a longer throw leaver. It also seems to have some slight magnification at 1x.

I'm not sure how it compares to other options, but I've been very happy with it for the price.

Cool to hear the Athlon 1x-10x is decent! I've been wanting to check out one of the cheaper 1x-10x that have come on the market in the last couple years.

I have been very happy with my Trijicon AccuPower 1x-4x, though it's hard to find at that price point now. If you can find it on sale, you won't regret it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top