JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Truth is, the officer that shoot IT/POS in Nashville also used a RDS. Note the inward cant of his carbine in the videos, he has an offset RDS on his gun, you can barely see as he pull it out of the bag.
Ah I was wondering about that. I'll have to watch the video closer. I saw that he was holding gun at 45 degree angle but never saw the red dot so I couldn't tell if he was doing that due to offset red dot or due to going around corner. Good catch!

Dang that rds is hard to see. In this pic the buttstock is pointing up and grip and mag are pointing towards officer. Rds (I think) visible on right side at green arrow.

0F0A6EED-3141-4440-9306-F485DE48EFC0.jpeg

I ordered one of the swampfox 1-8x lpvos. I'm hoping the red circle will be similar to a red dot at 1x (rds has unlimited eye relief though). We'll see. For my use I'll be using it at either 1x or 8x most likely. $336 shipped with coupon.
YouTube video on it:

Reticle:

67A4DC92-34DB-4DAF-8629-3458C4C6B189.jpeg
A75A8B01-F7C9-453B-8151-CB896D1354E6.png
0867AB10-CCB9-4B95-9238-393B98C32417.png

I ordered one of the swampfox 1-8x lpvos. I'm hoping the red circle will be similar to a red dot at 1x (rds has unlimited eye relief though). We'll see. For my use I'll be using it at either 1x or 8x most likely. $336 shipped with coupon.
YouTube video on it.
My buddy bought one it seems to be nice for the price range. he has been more than happy with it.

If anyone is interested, this video from Ian/inrange has great discussion of the trijicon accupoint, vortex, and leupold. That is a $1400 scope so not applicable as a sub $400 option but I found the discussion helpful in terms of red dot and the reticle for the intended use.

Last Edited:
Looks to me after viewing videos the three best sub $400 lpvos are primary arms, swampfox, and Burris 1-6. Swampfox discussed above (with video). Garand thumb has some great videos on primary arms. Seems to me the primary arms and swampfox are very similar. Even in terms of reticles, brightness of the illumination, eye relief, etc. Exit pupil similar and and field of view fairly close. I have a strong suspicion these are probably made in the same factory.

Here is a video the start of which has the Burris. Burris has less field of view at 1x (110 compared to 124 for swampfox and I don't recall for primary arms but probably close to swampfox). Burris 1-6x is $322. I can't compare exit pupil to swampfox and primary arms because I was looking at 1-8x for both of those.

Also a good general Lpvo video:

I got the swampfox 1-8x. Very clear and bright imo. Reticle easy to track moving targets on cloudy day with no illumination at 1x. 8x also surprisingly clear and bright. Eye relief is normal at 3.7". No range time with it yet. Throw lever is aluminum. If anyone wants the 15% off code for swampfox pm me. I don't want to post cuz they may shut it down if too many uses if it's posted all over the place (they may have already shut it down who knows).

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads