JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Screenshot_20240211-114840.png

On the two anime streaming services that my wife and I use... it seems...
If I want a good well written story, it'll either have loads of violence,or has characters aged middle school to high school...

But if I want "mature" content, its either messed up horror n gore with no nudity (even if it could be justified), or depraved, truly messed up, trashy "sex comedies" thats either fantasy harem or really creepy sexual situations (brother/sister, teachers, monsters, or worse) , or even "subversion" of specific genres but largely involving kids.

Japan, WTH is wrong with your animation studios.

It's probably not just the animation. Japan seems to have really weird kinks. Their regular "mature content" is probably weird too. Hey @sobo, what's Japanese pron like? :D :s0087:

Disclaimer: I have no idea what sobo's into. He just looks like a perv.

Additional Disclaimer: I really honestly have no idea, but he's fun to pick on and he did publish a pic.

It's probably not just the animation. Japan seems to have really weird kinks. Their regular "mature content" is probably weird too. Hey @sobo, what's Japanese pron like? :D :s0087:

Disclaimer: I have no idea what sobo's into. He just looks like a perv.

Additional Disclaimer: I really honestly have no idea, but he's fun to pick on and he did publish a pic.
Yeah. One Anime I liked the first season and ok with 2nd season... "Uzaki-Chan wants to hang out!" The premise is awesome, full of potential, the girl (Uzaki) has a crush on a great, albeit stoic and awkward guy..... the execution? Middle-school levels of writing, complete with characters being totally embarassed to even hold hands. (Something the majority of college students grew out of)

Main characters are already adults at the start, being college students. But... the comedy and romance subplots.. just... eugh.... as if the characters never left middle school.

On the other hand.. "the dangers hidden in my heart"... kind of silly, but good premise.. the male character fantasizes about murdering his classmates and is an extreme loner.. but the girl he sees in the library where he likes to be left alone.. is an aspiring model and the popular girl..... and they develop feelings for each other, and he gets over his loner/intrusive thoughts and actually is a good guy the whole time.. the catch? They're in middle school. (Wait. This would have made more sense for high schoolers or even college aged students). Writing for this is actually dang good. Just... the ages, whiskey tango foxtrot lol

I have read rumors of hentai (Japanese animated pron) actually having very good plot development and writing.. but I don't have access to a streaming service thats not going to bombard my poor phone with adult ads and malware ads in the videos :(

Edit.

The "regular mature content".. is as I said. Either a lot of blood and gore and violence while avoiding nudity, down to keeping scraps of clothes on body part, or artfully censoring with scenery and such.

Or its weird , creepy sexual stuff usually involving kids or characters written like theyre kids, nothing really well written. Hell, theres even a horny magical girl series with heavy lesbian and BDSM overtones with zero male involvement beyond mascot characters. Funny but creepy at the same time.

At least, thats whats available on the two streaming services we use (Crunchyroll and HiDive)

Last Edited:
Yeah. One Anime I liked the first season and ok with 2nd season... "Uzaki-Chan wants to hang out!" The premise is awesome, full of potential, the girl (Uzaki) has a crush on a great, albeit stoic and awkward guy..... the execution? Middle-school levels of writing, complete with characters being totally embarassed to even hold hands. (Something the majority of college students grew out of)

Main characters are already adults at the start, being college students. But... the comedy and romance subplots.. just... eugh.... as if the characters never left middle school.

On the other hand.. "the dangers hidden in my heart"... kind of silly, but good premise.. the male character fantasizes about murdering his classmates and is an extreme loner.. but the girl he sees in the library where he likes to be left alone.. is an aspiring model and the popular girl..... and they develop feelings for each other, and he gets over his loner/intrusive thoughts and actually is a good guy the whole time.. the catch? They're in middle school. (Wait. This would have made more sense for high schoolers or even college aged students). Writing for this is actually dang good. Just... the ages, whiskey tango foxtrot lol

I have read rumors of hentai (Japanese animated pron) actually having very good plot development and writing.. but I don't have access to a streaming service thats not going to bombard my poor phone with adult ads and malware ads in the videos :(

Edit.

The "regular mature content".. is as I said. Either a lot of blood and gore and violence while avoiding nudity, down to keeping scraps of clothes on body part, or artfully censoring with scenery and such.

Or its weird , creepy sexual stuff usually involving kids or characters written like theyre kids, nothing really well written. Hell, theres even a horny magical girl series with heavy lesbian and BDSM overtones with zero male involvement beyond mascot characters. Funny but creepy at the same time.

At least, thats whats available on the two streaming services we use (Crunchyroll and HiDive)

Oh, I have actually watched a Japanese cartoon: One Punch Man. I watched a season or two probably. It was funny and clever but also a bit clumsy, if that makes sense.

FYI, in Japan schooling;
Ages 6-12 are elementary schooling (6 years)
Ages 12-15 are middle schoolers (3 years)
Ages 15-18 are high schoolers (3 years)

upper/lower limits depends on where birthdays are in the school year

Vast majority of Japanese comics/cartoons (manga/anime) are aimed at ages 12-17.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top