JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Me first ...

I was playing around with the gel alcohol hand sanitizing liquid after washing my hands. I bought a bunch of tea candles at the good will store and I wanted to play around with them also.

I grabbed the dinky alcohol hand wiping bottle and squeezed a bunch of it into the candle base with the idea of experimenting with the gel as an expedient fire starter using the candle.

Then I gushed a bunch onto my hands and rubbed them. Almost then struck a stick match to light the gel pile on the candle base. It would have lit my hands up like a fire fountain!

Yikes. But I did not do it. Almost! A mental moment. Have you also almost done stupid dumb things? Burning hurts. :(

Last Edited:
Jumped off a moving train and almost got run over by the same as I went tumbling along the tracks. 13yrs old...not so smart as I thought I was

Almost went off the edge of a road into a river @ night on a dirt bike. My light sucked and I couldn't tell the road split to go over a bridge. Would have been about 15 ft down into the rocks. In the morning I saw where my bike skidded sideways to a stop about a foot from the edge, I was hauling. Needed a lot of whisky and water to get to sleep that night!

Let's just say it involved alcohol (the kind you drink), a good buddy passing out and his really attractive wife and I staying up and having a few too many. Now THAT one was tough to walk away from.

Jumping off from or trying to jump onto slow moving freight trains is a bad idea. Slow is relative. They are always moving faster than you think. It is a eyeball to ear to brain short out thing.

As a RN I cared for a very young homeless on-the-road man who tried to catch a slow moving freight train. Mis timed it badly. Both legs right below the crotch. Almost bled out. He was 18. :(

Sad to say, I've pretty much followed through on all of the stupid things I've thought about.

Three ex-wives, bankruptcy, broke my left leg twice doing stupid stuff while (somewhat) intoxicated, totaled two motorcycles and a car or two. And those are just the headlines.

Ah, you would have been fine there. The case would swell and you'd get a pretty tame reaction really.
I found a box of 7x57 mauser that had obviously been fired through a 8x57 bore in with my grandfathers stuff after he passed.
He never had either one.. so it must have been something Grandma bought at garage sale, but since over half the box was "chamber formed" who ever it was must have figured a mauser is a mauser. Beyond the obvious gas and safety issues...Can't imagine it was very accurate.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top