JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dukes of Hazard thing with the bow and arrow. Explosive weight was more than the arrow could take when launched. The arrow flexed and broke landing at my feet. Thank goodness I had the sense to use a long fuse. Picked it up and gave it a toss, and hit the dirt. never tried that again.

Put some gasoline in a jar and started to collect beetles and other bugs into it to watch them squirm. Then had the bright idea to burn them. Dropped a match in the jar while looking into it (I was about 12). Burned off all my hair along with eyebrows and lashes. Fun times.

Last Edited:
I bought my first compound bow when I was 18. Had it set at 65#. My parents property is 100 yards wide and 300 yards long. I stood at one end and aimed that thing at a 60 degree angle to see if I could shoot an arrow the full 300 yards. I let loose and that arrow got real small, real quick.

I found it sticking straight out of the ground about 50 yards into the neighbors pasture....with ten cows feeding within feet of it.

Rock climbing, 30ft off the ground and was at a place where I could jump from one rock to the next, kinda like 2 plateau, this was in NM "city of the rocks" distance was about 7 ft wide. I had the bright idea to make the jump, thought it would be cool. I cleared it, but looking back at that dicision, it was a really really dumb idea and even worse that I actually attempted it and by the grace of God succeeded in doing it. I would have easily had a broken leg if I slipped or could have even died.

Standard stuff like going way to fast on a motorcycle, like instant death if you fell off or crashed fast. Going way to fast in a car, same dangers.

Had fun shooting a bird arrow straight up on a windless day with a recurve bow. It would go up way high and come down pretty close to where I was standing, I would try and grab it mid air on the way down while it was going the speed of gravity. Could have gotten a pretty good bump on the head had I not been coordinated but after 10 minutes I finally was able to catch it during one of its descent down. I would never had tried that with a target tip or hunting tip though. Some things are just too stupid to attempt.

Thankfully my list of incredibly stupid and dangerous acts is rather short.

Put some gasoline in a jar and started to collect beetles and other bugs into it to watch them squirm. Then had the bright idea to burn them. Dropped a match in the jar while looking into it (I was about 12). Burned off all my hair along with eyebrows and lashes. Fun times.
:s0114:

about 12 with the neighbor kid we chopped a .22LR in half with a grub hoe. Half of it went into his dads junker picks rear tire the other half went into the bark on a fir tree.

I poured gas on a brush pile once then had an ignition failure. When I finally got that corrected, a vapor cloud had spread out to about 30 feet in diameter and half a foot high. Afterward, parts of my clothes were on fire and my ears rang for days.

ETA: Misread the title: almost did, that opens things up. I think my parents were surprised all of their children survived to adulthood.

10 years old throwing a hatchet up in the air to watch it stick in the lawn. It looked like it was coming down at me so I moved to where it was actually coming down. It hit my head and luckily with the flat side. Lots of blood and stitches for me :confused::oops:

What exactly happened here, son?

movie_powder-1995.jpg

I was holding a watermelon and a kid ran up and tried to cut it in half, but he didn't quite get all the way through the first time. He begged me to try again, which I let him because he wouldn't stop whining. He cut my finger half way through, blood everywhere. He should have had his totemchit revoked. LoL
I tried to chop a chop stick in half, cut my index finger down to the bone.

My cousin shot arrows straight into the air and had us try to catch them. My cousin had us run around the yard with a turtle shell sandbox lid while he shot arrows at us. I shot my brother with an arrow that had a tennis ball on the end of it, we were playing Cowboys and Indians (this Indian won).

Tried to make a candle on the stove, but the glass cracked and caught fire.

Got a rapala stuck behind me and my brother yelled. I kept yanking thinking it was stuck in a bush, even told my brother to shut up. He started crying so I asked him "what" only to see the rapala stuck in his arm.

I bought my first compound bow when I was 18. Had it set at 65#. My parents property is 100 yards wide and 300 yards long. I stood at one end and aimed that thing at a 60 degree angle to see if I could shoot an arrow the full 300 yards. I let loose and that arrow got real small, real quick.

I found it sticking straight out of the ground about 50 yards into the neighbors pasture....with ten cows feeding within feet of it.
I think it says stupid things you almost did sounds to me like you did it LOL .well I have a similar story . involved a bow and arrow a mountain and the hood of a Chevy truck lol

First week as a new apprentice was climbing a pole and about 15 feet up went to pass the communication wires leaned back and boom right to the ground! WTF that hurt! Had all my fall protection on and everything all I can come up with is instead of clipping into my belt I clipped into my Klein's or screwdriver? Huge strawberry on my arm, big bruises on my butt and side but lived to never do that again.

First week as a new apprentice was climbing a pole and about 15 feet up and boom right to the ground! WTF that hurt! Had all my fall protection on and everything all I can come up with is instead of clipping into my belt I clipped into my Klein's or screwdriver?
My dad was a line man years ago when I was a baby lol fell off the pole and slipped and fell down the pole lol big old splinters in both arms and legs because as he feel it was like a fire pole except wood HEHEE for some reason my mom loved to tell us that story after the devordi lol kinda like the one when he drove a tank into a tree and got a bunch of bees in the tank lol mmmmmm she would laugh when she told these stories mmmmmmm

Last Edited:
Was plinking around the yard with a 22 rifle and shot close to the family car for some reason. Hit a rock and it ricohett (sp ??) off a rock and straight into the car tire, sidewall of course. Went flat in about 30 seconds.

Decided to just ignore it, and went on plinking. The old man came out a while later, saw it was flat, took it off and into our farm shop, he busted the tire down and I will be damned if they was not a defected 22 slug rolling around in there.

The old man quickly figured out what went down, called me on the shop floor, warned me real hard as to what I was going to say to him. I fessed up and got more of an azz chewing over the careless shooting than the flat tire. I was probably 12 at the time. 48 years ago and I remember that to this day.

There was another no so bright incident that had to do with a young farm girl, her dads office desk and a young mans inability to make decisions. No foul called though and it went off without a hitch so it was all good. The potential liability / problem there was huge.

I can honestly say I lived life to the fullest before settling down and starting a family... My only regret is the damage I did to my body while doing it. I am paying for it now!

I Jumped off this bridge... Several times
219D0666-9A2E-46B3-96C5-7A7B76A036C8-4443-00000666590E6E57_tmp.jpg

Traditionaly after a day of surfing, we would stop and climb to the top of this.. and throw all but our shorts off before walking back down.
5CE91424-0DE4-4008-B091-E443B73EF83C-4443-000006917A16D0A7_tmp.jpg
On a dare I threw it all off and had nothing but a towel that my buddies promptly tried to take away, so I started running down, buddies hot on my trail... I gave up on trying to hold the towel around my waist cuz it was slowing me down.... so I was running down the spiral staircase naked, Towel in hand, passing old ladies and other folks all the way down. But I didn't loose my towel to my evil friends so I called it a win:DA couple of the girls that were with us and watching from the bottom, thought it would be funny to grab my clothes and hide them, but I had extras in the van they didn't know about;) I never did get my boxers shorts back and had to freeball it all the way homeo_O.

But the crazyiest thing I ever did (that I'll share publicly anyway) is quite a story...

A few months after graduating high school I packed up my truck, and moved to SLC Utah to live with my brother and be a snowboard bum for as long as I could before doing the adult thing.. I got a job at Snowbird working nights in the big Cliff lodge. It was epic...I rode for free all day at one of the top 5 ski resorts in the country, and work at night, and slept very little. Almost every day/night of that winter has a story worthy of this thread, but....
One night/morning after work...about 1AM. A couple work buddies and I were hotboxing the canopy of my 1990 ford ranger... It was one of those big steel Gemtop canopies with doors on the sides that opened up..just like this only white, to match my 1990 Ford Ranger, and it had with a window on the passenger side. My boss said it reminded her of a dog catcher.. and it held that nickname henceforth. 9EFEBD8A-F824-4365-8075-92362BEAD90E-4443-000006C5323B7659_tmp.png I had an old sofa back there that was effectively a backseat(oh, if it could talk :eek:). Perfect for "break time" or as the name suggested "catching dogs";) .
...My truck was parked in right position, so that after consuming some of Utahs finest smoke, we sat on the couch staring out the side window with a perfect view of the beautiful untouched powder on the sloap across the road from resort.. and we decided it would be a good idea to grab our boards and hike up as far as we could and ride down. I didn't even have my boots... so I duct taped my Airwalk tennishoes to my pant legs for support, and to keep the snow out... and up we went. We didn't realize that night there was an extreem avalanch danger on that slope. (The folks in charge of avalanche control for the canyon close the road and use an old milsurp howitzer to shell that slope when necessary.. and did the following morning):eek:

I was 18 in the best shape of my life, and fearless. It was a showdown between us to push up the sloap as far as we could for bragging rights, and before we new it we were as far up as we could get with only exposed rockface above us. We rested up for a few minutes refueled our lungs, and dropped in...
We had nothing but moonlight to guide us down... every once in a while, without warning, I'd have this sensation of weightlessness because I couldn't see well enough to avoid the bumps that sent me airborne. The moonlight gave very little if any contrast to the contours of the pure white slope. There was a good foot or so of fresh powder so I wasn't too afraid of crashing so I didn't slow down at all... By some miracle, and with great skill;).. All 3 of us managed to make it down without crashing. It was the biggest rush of adrenaline I have ever felt.

The red line shows our path... It was a record year for snow fall so a lot of the scrub you see was buried.
F02DDEC7-A749-4729-BDF3-3271119436F7-4443-0000067086D85B80_tmp.jpg
The next day there were 3 distinct lines in the snow clearly visible from one of the conference rooms we were setting up. It was crazy to see how far we actually flew over some of the drop offs and bumps. We didn't tell anybody it was us for fear of being fired, but we overheard a few people talking about the crazy idiots that rode down the slope across the road.
Good times:rolleyes:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews