JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In UK, back in the early 20's, bringing in new legislation to curb the rise of Bolshevism failed to stop the criminal use of firearms. Bolshevism never had a chance here in UK - just too many people are Bolshie enough without being told to do it.

In the 40's and 50's, bringing in new legislation to curb the rise of criminal use of firearms failed to stop the criminal use of firearms.

In the 60's, bringing in new legislation to curb the rise of criminal use of firearms failed to stop the criminal use of firearms.

In the 80's, after the Hungerford Massacre, bringing in new legislation took away ALL our semi-auto centre-fire rifles and carbine, and raised the category of certain kinds of shotgun to that of Section 1 [rifled] firearms failed to stop the criminal use of firearms.

In the 90's, after the Dunblane Massacre, bringing in new legislation took away ALL our cartridge-firing handguns in mainland Great Britain failed to stop the criminal use of firearms.

In 2010, the Violent Crimes Reduction Act, that made it illegal for somebody like me, a Firearms Certificate holder since 1968, to buy a gas or electrically-driven Airsoft gun without being a registered Air-Softer or re-enactor, failed to stop the criminal use of firearms.

See a pattern here?

You'd need to be blind not to.

But then, you are not a politician.
None of those gun control laws failed. They all succeeded as designed, to disarm the law-abiding citizens and make them more dependent and obedient. Gun control laws are never intended to reduce crime, never. They are always about people control, always.

So that makes it OK to force someone to participate in a "freedom"?

Seems like a different side of the same coin to me.
You tell me, you've been accepting countless forced restrictions on freedoms for probably as long as you've been alive. What is ok and tolerable is different for everyone. We all gotta live in a society that limits freedoms for a number of reasons. Some understandable, some not. Be more specific and I'll let ya know. Our kids are forced to go to public school, unless you wanna take on the responsibility personally as a parent. You're forced to pay taxes. I'm forced to register my vehicle. Soldiers are forced to take vaccinations to be service ready. We all bend a little. Seems like a 20 sided dice to me with various context to consider.

None of those gun control laws failed. They all succeeded as designed, to disarm the law-abiding citizens and make them more dependent and obedient. Gun control laws are never intended to reduce crime, never. They are always about people control, always.
Ding,dind,ding... give this man a prize!

You tell me, you've been accepting countless forced restrictions on freedoms for probably as long as you've been alive. What is ok and tolerable is different for everyone. We all gotta live in a society that limits freedoms for a number of reasons. Some understandable, some not. Be more specific and I'll let ya know. Our kids are forced to go to public school, unless you wanna take on the responsibility personally as a parent. You're forced to pay taxes. I'm forced to register my vehicle. Soldiers are forced to take vaccinations to be service ready. We all bend a little. Seems like a 20 sided dice to me with various context to consider.
All the things you list are not being forced. You can not work and avoid income taxes, you don't HAVE to own a vehicle, you don't HAVE to participate in the things that require you to have a vaccination. Kids can be homeschooled, go to private school or charter schools.

You are making the choice to participate in those activities. There are certain restrictions that come with them, which have been voted on by the people (for the most part, I do undertand ther is a lot of government overreach that needs to be constantly combated).

You seem to be confusing an individual participating in modern society with a governing body forcing compliance with a document that spells out what that government is NOT allowed to do.

All the things you list are not being forced. You can not work and avoid income taxes
There is a "penalty" if you do not pay income taxes, therefore yes you are "forced" under threat of reprisal by the government (punishment) and fear of that punishment makes people comply (fear), thus there is your answer, the government uses fear to control you/us.

There is a "penalty" if you do not pay income taxes, therefore yes you are "forced" under threat of reprisal by the government (punishment) and fear of that punishment makes people comply (fear), thus there is your answer, the government uses fear to control you/us.
Ok, I think the point that @BulletsNButts was trying to make got buried in semantics a bit.

I understand his point was that if more people owned guns and were educated about them from an early age, there would potentially be less restrictions and perhaps fewer tragic incidents involving firearms.

I cannot, however, advocate for FORCING people to own guns, especially if my tax dollars are involved.

The freedom to own guns also means the freedom to NOT own guns, at least to me. I'm not interested in forcing my values onto anyone else. Guess that's why I'd be a lousy politician.

All the things you list are not being forced. You can not work and avoid income taxes, you don't HAVE to own a vehicle, you don't HAVE to participate in the things that require you to have a vaccination. Kids can be homeschooled, go to private school or charter schools.

You are making the choice to participate in those activities. There are certain restrictions that come with them, which have been voted on by the people (for the most part, I do undertand ther is a lot of government overreach that needs to be constantly combated).

You seem to be confusing an individual participating in modern society with a governing body forcing compliance with a document that spells out what that government is NOT allowed to do.
We have different ideas of what forced means. I don't like classifying something as a choice if my options are simply either do it within the forced government and societal confines or don't and suffer consequences that are forced upon me. We're living with hundreds of years of laws being tweaked by powerful rich elites to purposely reduce choices of American citizens. Having my choices reduced is being forced.

Ok, I think the point that @BulletsNButts was trying to make got buried in semantics a bit.

I understand his point was that if more people owned guns and were educated about them from an early age, there would potentially be less restrictions and perhaps fewer tragic incidents involving firearms.

I cannot, however, advocate for FORCING people to own guns, especially if my tax dollars are involved.

The freedom to own guns also means the freedom to NOT own guns, at least to me. I'm not interested in forcing my values onto anyone else. Guess that's why I'd be a lousy politician.
i agree with the general sentiment, but the reality is we force our beliefs and values on people all the time. It's why we vote for representatives that will vote with our values vs the other guys. Just the nature of American politics.

We have different ideas of what forced means. I don't like classifying something as a choice if my options are simply either do it within the forced government and societal confines or don't and suffer consequences that are forced upon me. We're living with hundreds of years of laws being tweaked by powerful rich elites to purposely reduce choices of American citizens. Having my choices reduced is being forced.
I get it, I don't like it either.

Gun Control Laws? How about (presented in no particular order).....

Thou shall not commit Murder.
Thou shall not Steal.
Thou shall not commit adultery.
Thou shall not covet.

Rrrrright.....
That probably covers the largest portion of the problem.

Aloha, Mark

Yeah.....but I didn't want to be accused of favoring one religion over another. Or getting bogged down with any religion.

So.....I started with the simple/easy to understand stuff.

Aloha, Mark

Yeah......it could get confusing with some people.

Insult_Islam.jpg

Q : Would that be an exception to the Murder Rule?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews