Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Stuck

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by CrossHairs, Feb 16, 2013.

1. CrossHairs

CrossHairs Tigard Active Member

First time in over 2k rounds of 223 reloads, I got a stuck case.

The tumbler has been working overtime today as I prepped up the last of my LCC brass. Close to 600 rounds are clean and ready to go. And ther i am, 200 rounds in on the sizing die...whammo, stuck case.

I've been using one shot lately, and I've been pretty liberal with it and letting it dry, somehow this one case may have been a little dry I guess. Going to have to watch that.

Looks like I will have to step out and get a stuck case kit.

Oh well it was going to happen one day I suppose.

2. ridnjon

ridnjon vancouver wa Active Member

What dies are you using? I would use dillon case lube or just make your own case lube.

3. nwdrifter

nwdrifter troutdale oregon Active Member

I have used one shot on over 10,000 cases and never had an issue. then again i spray 50 at a time both sides while in a holder and load then wet. I never let them dry before resizing

4. Izzy

Izzy Oakridge Active Member

If you own a tap & die set, you can make a stuck case remover pretty easily!

5. CrossHairs

CrossHairs Tigard Active Member

That's what I ended up doing after a little web search. Turned out to be pretty easy, and cheap!

Using RCBS full length die. Never had an issue before, must have just missed that one. Oh we'll.

6. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I had some problems with cases sticking and I believe it was because I didn't let the lube dry before sizing. That's when I bought my RCBS "Stuck Case Remover" tool.
    Once I started to let the cases dry I've had nearly zero use for the stuck case tool. If you read the instructions on the One Shot, it says to wait 3-5 minutes before sizing. Once it dries it goes from a liquid to something more like wax. One Shot is all that I have been using for the last few years.

7. IheartGUNS

IheartGUNS WaCo Well-Known Member

One shot is pricey, smells bad and gotta make sure the case is coated.

8. Greenbug

Greenbug Bend Well-Known Member

I lay out my cases on a hand towel and spray with one shot then roll the cases back and forth and spray a couple more times. This process seems to coat the cases evenly and I have not had a problem with any sticking cases.

9. k7grc

k7grc Banks, Or Active Member

Be sure every now and then, run a brush inside your dies with break free( or what ever you use for bore cleaner). And swab them clean and dry.

Izzy and (deleted member) like this.