JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
20200504_164509.jpg 20200504_164416.jpg 20200504_164539.jpg 20200504_164637.jpg

So it looks like the pin survived and the barrel extension doesn't look damaged. I take that back. Looks like the edge got tweaked but maybe a good gunsmith can bring that back. Front threads need cleaning up but they look alright. Am I missing anything in the pictures?

So the pin appears intact but how would the barrel extension have backed out? The muzzle is caked with rock-sett but should clean up. Same with the flash hider. The edge of the FH is a little tweaked from the flats rolling but it should be totally usable. The upper appears unscathed.

The barrel extension issue should probably be addressed to Ruger. See what they'll say. Do you know if this upper is OEM? Are you the original owner?

If it came from the factory Rocksetted then you may get their help. Someone else will have to suggest ways to remove the Rocksett. I don't use it. If you lose the FH after all this, sounds like a cheap out. You might be able to file and flatten out the flats on the FH tho.

Sounds like you've dodged a bullet with noting more than sore muscles and a lesson learned. Guess we all have.

The upper is OEM. And this is a buddies rifle that we were going to change the handguard on. I'll have him get in contact with the manufacturer to see what they say. I am building him a new upper now so this stuff will probably just get sold for a good price. I'm definitely investing in a "reaction rod" and barrel vice for future endeavors.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top