JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm working on a DPMS Recon 5.56 swapping the handguard. I CANNOT get the AAC 51 tooth to break loose. I've tried the boiling water soak, heat and PB blaster and the barrel wants to spin in the vise before the flash hider will budge. Help before I seriously break something. Apparently they must use rock-sett, loctite and a gorilla to put these things on. I'm hoping the barrel nut isn't this tough too.

put the barrel in a upper than vise block it and become a man.

if youre just trying it by the barrel that's a failure
And risk spinning the barrel extension? Or breaking the threads on the receiver. I'm pretty sure my 260lb body laying into a foot long snap-on wrench is plenty "man" enough.

20200429_201446.jpg 20200429_201543.jpg

theyre rocksetted on. gotta use a bunch of heat. boiling water isnt near hot enough.

Negative, Rocksett will continue to hold under heat. Hold in boiling water for about five minute then soak it over night to dissolve. Loctite requires heat to remove. Loctite has a greater strength but does not hold up to heat, that is why Rocksett is a better choice for suppressor MD attachment use, it holds up to heat better, but is nowhere near as strong.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top