JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Negative, Rocksett will continue to hold under heat. Hold in boiling water for about five minute then soak it over night to dissolve. Loctite requires heat to remove. Loctite has a greater strength but does not hold up to heat, that is why Rocksett is a better choice for suppressor MD attachment use, it holds up to heat better, but is nowhere near as strong.
I did boil it for 10 minutes. I guess I'll soak it and salvage the FH hopefully. Do you think if I sheared the extension pin that the receiver is still intact?

I did boil it for 10 minutes. I guess I'll soak it and salvage the FH hopefully. Do you think if I sheared the extension pin that the receiver is still intact?

It has to soak. It is possible, the problem is the pin is steel, the receiver is aluminum. You'll have to remove to find out. Do you have access to a reaction rod? It may help to capture the barrel extension with it. If it is "glued" on like the MD the barrel may need to be cut off.

20200430_182744.jpg 20200430_182742.jpg 20200430_182739.jpg 20200430_182736.jpg 20200430_182733.jpg

Sounds like it is pinned. What is the barrel length? A 14.5" will be pinned, there is no reason to pin a 16". Typically the pin will be on the underside. Are any of those pictures taken from the bottom?

It's not pinned. Someone must and wrenched the hell out. Here is what I'd try, put it in the freezer over night, pull it out, vise it up and at a torch the end of the MD tines. Use a small pry bar to engage two of the tines if it is too rounded to grab with a wrench. The idea is the freezer will contract the steel while the heat will expand it.

It's not pinned. Someone must and wrenched the hell out. Here is what I'd try, put it in the freezer over night, pull it out, vise it up and at a torch the end of the MD tines. Use a small pry bar to engage two of the tines if it is too rounded to grab with a wrench. The idea is the freezer will contract the steel while the heat will expand it.
I'll give it a shot. Thanks a ton. I don't even know if anyone will want it with the rounded off flats though.

In my old life, when someone tightened metal to metal without any kind of washer, etc and then it was heated up it was very heard to separate the two pieces w/out marring or tearing up one or both. Wish you luck

I was surprised at that myself, no shims or a crush washer or anything between the two. I think the only thing that managed to keep the two from "welding" themselves together was the rock-sett on the mating surfaces.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews