JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My RIA came with Allen head grip screws. Sheared the heads off way too easily. If you look at the construction, the Allen recess is about the diameter of the threaded part of the screw, leaving very little material actually securing the head to the threads.

I did 30 years in the Iowa/ Minnesota rust belt as a mechanic. There are lots of ways to remove a stuck/ broken/ stripped/ buggered screw.

i feel bad for you.

i hate working on cars from the rust belt. it sucks for my service writer to explain to a customer that since their car is so rusty it could potentially require additional labor to extract rusted/siezed/stripped/broken bolts.

You could try the lock tight glue with baking soda you won't have to wait till JB weld drys next time look it up on YouTube you use a certain type of lock tight glue and when you put baking soda on it .it drys instantly

Well it worked!!! First thing I did this morning was get in the safe and try it and it came right out!

3F7ADC2C-0A98-4C51-9093-C8323E1204FA.jpeg

Well it worked!!! First thing I did this morning was get in the safe and try it and it came right out!

View attachment 406994
Carpenters and whatnot have been known to customize a buggered screw head to their closest matching driver by hitting said driver pretty hard with a hammer with the bit being held in the screw head. It probably woulda destroyed the screw stud in that Ruger though.

If grip screws keep coming loose, they sell little tiny orings for them for that. Blue locktite helps too. No need to overtighten a grip screw.

I actually prefer good ol slotted grip screws for ease of removal in the field. Not as fancy though.

Those look really good, I like the grips. I am thinking about getting some VZ grips or similar in green as I like the way the green looks with stainless.
I don't remember what kind these are but they come from a guy in Everett WA Igot them on eBay also he has different colors I almost got the zombie green lol he has regular green also

EPS; Your estate agent will more than likely want you dug up so he/she can place ALL that stuff in a position to keep it from ever seeing the light of day again.

Of course, Mine will do the Same.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't remember what kind these are but they come from a guy in Everett WA Igot them on eBay also he has different colors I almost got the zombie green lol he has regular green also
Sorry I was wrong these didn't come from Everett I don't remember but there are lots on eBay

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top