JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While we're talking recoil, has anyone tried one of these compensator thread protectors? Looks like a neat idea. I tried an ultra cheapo compensator on the Stribog just for giggles and it made recoil much worse. But it was a different design than this little guy.
View attachment 686338
View attachment 686341
Yes I tried that one and actually put it on a sig pistol and put the Fortis brake and shield on it. That little comp on there wasn't bad but not really a noticeable difference. I do like it on my sig though

The A2 kicks more then my MPX, Kriss, and GHM9 but slightly less than my Scorpion so if recoil is important to you I would wait. I would personally hold out for the A3 if I was going to get another Stribog right now.

20200418_135741 (1).jpg 20200202_151534.jpg

PSA has been floating that thing for a long time. I wouldnt hold my breath. The HK parts market is locked up solid here lately with the proliferation of clones and theres some stuff that unless they make it in house just isnt available.
I don't hold my breath for anything in life. FWIW

I think i have one of the stiffer A3 springs in mine. Its not an issue but the gun is very quiet with the silencer attached. Its never been an issue . As far as I know the only people who have feeding issues with stribogs are running HP or flat nose ammo. It doesnt like some of that stuff. The gun was designed for NATO spec 124 but Ive run everything from 115 white box up to 158 round nose subs in it without issue.
Yeah I've read some people having issues some not. MY Stribog will run PPU 147g JHP no issue. A guy I work with has one and won't cycle them to save his life. I did get one of the first non reciprocating imported

Ive got a green laser mounted under the barrel. It is a certified pin point hole punch . Where the green dot appears a hole in the same spot is soon to follow. That Stribog is eerily accurate.

I want a light on it, but can't decide what. No matter what gets used, it looks sorely.
I had an inforce on it and liked it but that pl2 pro doubles as a hand stop. I wear a large/xl glove and have room for my hand to fit but slightly snug. My grandpa (6'4" around 280lbs) rips that light off when he shoots it because he can't get his hand close to fitting he liked that inforce though

Ive got a green laser mounted under the barrel. It is a certified pin point hole punch . Where the green dot appears a hole in the same spot is soon to follow. That Stribog is eerily accurate.
I remember asking about the laser, somewhere in this thread. I looked into them, then got the angled grip, and gave up on the laser.

Has anyone found a worthy (not picitinny) (like it's meant to be there, non-slip/solid mounting) Sling-QD for the front?
I've seen some that look to work, but they slip and mar the surface of the for-end.

Has anyone found a worthy (not picitinny) (like it's meant to be there, non-slip/solid mounting) Sling-QD for the front?
I've seen some that look to work, but they slip and mar the surface of the for-end.
This is what I run and like it. I put it on without removing the barrel so it can be done but would be easier to remove barrel If you have the wrench EBD86D81-E3CC-408A-9645-F14B02E4F31D.jpeg

This is what I run and like it. I put it on without removing the barrel so it can be done but would be easier to remove barrel If you have the wrench
That's the mounting place I've seen and considered duplicating, but from what I've been told, the hole is actually too big.
That it works, but it can't be tightened enough to make it remain solid.
The QD looks nice. Who makes it?

I have removed the barrel. I have a ILWT barrel on it. And I still say it's easier. It took my about 15 minutes to remove and replace the barrel, but I installed the QD before I was able to get a wrench and it took me about an hour. It is very tight space in there and pretty far back also. Once you get the screw started in the but it's super simple but getting it started it pretty tough
You wouldn't say that if you have ever removed the barrel.

That's the mounting place I've seen and considered duplicating, but from what I've been told, the hole is actually too big.
That it works, but it can't be tightened enough to make it remain solid.
The QD looks nice.
I actually had to take a dremel and remove some of the edge off my qd mount and touch up with paint because I tried two and both were a little over sized for the hole

I have removed the barrel. I have a ILWT barrel on it. And I still say it's easier. It took my about 15 minutes to remove and replace the barrel, but I installed the QD before I was able to get a wrench and it took me about an hour. It is very tight space in there and pretty far back also. Once you get the screw started in the but it's super simple but getting it started it pretty tough

I debated throwing my ILWT wrench across the property once I was done with it. Mine is one of the newer double nutted loctited on large castle nut versions and he sent me all he had at the time which was the small castle version. Nerve racking.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top