JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you buy the wrench the change out is super simple image.jpg

I would like to have a barrel wrench. From my reading into getting one, it's near impossible.
The wrenches that were available, were made from cheap steel, is why there were problems.
Tool Steel would be a LOT more solid.

I debated throwing my ILWT wrench across the property once I was done with it. Mine is one of the newer double nutted loctited on large castle nut versions and he sent me all he had at the time which was the small castle version. Nerve racking.
Mine has the small one slotted nuts. They were pretty tight, I used a torque wrench to remove it and it was about somewhere between 80-85 ft lbs. some are tighter than others but I just through mine in a vice and it was simple. I'm really surprised he would send you the incorrect tool, he is a really stand up guy. Did you tell him you had the small slotted one?

I would like to have a barrel wrench. From my reading into getting one, it's near impossible.
The wrenches that were available, were made from cheap steel, is why there were problems.
Tool Steel would be a LOT more solid.
My tool has removed barrel nuts 4 times. (3 guns, one removed twice) had no issues. I do know his first run did have some issues but I got one from his second run and like it

Has anyone found a worthy (not picitinny) (like it's meant to be there, non-slip/solid mounting) Sling-QD for the front?
I've seen some that look to work, but they slip and mar the surface of the for-end.
Fwiw when I was doing a search for pic rail mounted qd mounts I noticed that there are literally about 20 different m-lok mount ones on optics planet. Might be worth an internet search there to check. But of course that is nothing like first hand experience of someone who has tried a specific one, just FYI.

Also let me know if u don't need the pic rail mounted one I think U posted about earlier (I may be wrong). I might buy from u if u don't need. I'm trying to find a good one to fit on bottom of folding stock adapter in the back.

Fwiw when I was doing a search for pic rail mounted qd mounts I noticed that there are literally about 20 different m-lok mount ones on optics planet. Might be worth an internet search there to check. But of course that is nothing like first hand experience of someone who has tried a specific one, just FYI.

Also let me know if u don't need the pic rail mounted one I think U posted about earlier (I may be wrong). I might buy from u if u don't need. I'm trying to find a good one to fit on bottom of folding stock adapter in the back.
The M-LOK mount, I'll look more into them. Now that I have a Barrel Wrench in-route, the installation will be much easier.
Hard saying right at the moment, but I may make a back mount for the QD, that fits the slot on the side.

I remember looking at quite a few pic-rail QD Mounts, and nothing jumped out at me.
Then I found this one. It works, and looks good for the application.

A couple things I found on the AR-15 forum FYI (u may have already seen these):

A stribog "paperweight" on ebay that happens to be able to couple 2 stribog mags together:

A pic of the A3 short barrel version. This is really interesting to me cuz it's different than the one I have in terms of size and would be easier to fit in a shoulder holster with a 20 round mag.
LONCDKo_d.jpg
Also metal-lipped mags produced by Grand Power currently only available in Slovakia, apparently. I assume these will eventually come to US but they probably have to get through current stock of mags (WAG):
93423803_3026553260766011_56684341643706-1375945.jpg

A couple things I found on the AR-15 forum FYI (u may have already seen these):

A stribog "paperweight" on ebay that happens to be able to couple 2 stribog mags together:

A pic of the A3 short barrel version. This is really interesting to me cuz it's different than the one I have in terms of size and would be easier to fit in a shoulder holster with a 20 round mag.

Also metal-lipped mags produced by Grand Power currently only available in Slovakia, apparently. I assume these will eventually come to US but they probably have to get through current stock of mags (WAG):

Carrots to keep horse walking.

Anybody hate their push pins on their Stribog with those stupid little clips? I already ordered 2 sets
Haha yea I lost the rear pin clip and just
Left it off. I just don't care about it enough to get new clips. I don't ever really need to take off front one.

Anybody hate their push pins on their Stribog with those stupid little clips? I already ordered 2 sets
New TD pins are a plus. Less fussing around.
Let us know how they work.

Potential CONS
I like the idea of the option for new pins, however, I'm skeptical of the design.
The "spring" force on the plastic as it pushes through, is a hard wear contact area.
I see the plastic getting worn over time. Then what?

New TD pins are a plus. Less fussing around.
Let us know how they work.

Potential CONS.
I like the idea of the option for new pins, however, I'm skeptical of the design.
The "spring" force on the plastic as it pushes through, is a hard wear contact area.
I see the plastic getting worn over time. Then what?
I've got the same design pins on my KSG and RDB and never had an issue. So I don't really think that will happen but we will see. I just know that to take either of my pins out now it takes a punch and hammer and I've taken pins out over 50 times each oiled shoot I even sanded on them some and still have to take a punch and hammer to them. My buddy's is smooth as silk, easy to take in and out

I've got the same design pins on my KSG and RDB and never had an issue. So I don't really think that will happen but we will see. I just know that to take either of my pins out now it takes a punch and hammer and I've taken pins out over 50 times each oiled shoot I even sanded on them some and still have to take a punch and hammer to them. My buddy's is smooth as silk, easy to take in and out
I get what you're saying, as they are a bummer to knock out. A good thing really.
The factory pins are a PITA, I agree.
'Don't let my opinions sway you, as that's not my intentions!!
I think if the right someone had it in their hands, with well seasoned design experience, something better could be made.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top