JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Definitely something to be on the watch for (with any gun I mean, especially new ones). Normally I wait on any new product to see if they have any bugs to work out, but I'll probably be an "early-adopter" for the roller locked version.

I hope the roller locked version is as close as possible to what they r already using in europe. One thing I like about the Stribog is it was designed as a full auto gun first. The limited info I've seen on the full auto roller-locked version looks pretty darn good. But u never know until it's been out there a while with lots of poeple shooting it.

I have someone lined up to put a binary trigger into my existing Stribog but with the virus stuff I don't know when I'll get to it. I heard all u need is some simple washers/shims to install a standard AR trigger in a Stribog but I haven't messed with them much other than putting in a slightly modified echo sport binary into my 15-22 (which works great).

Ive done a lot of looking at mine and for the life of me I can't figure out how they run them on full auto. Its basically an M16 trigger group but the section in back where the disconnector and sear would go isnt there in the stribog. The trigger housing is cut short and nowhere to put it.

FYI here is a side-by-side pick of the bolt carrier group for the original (A1/A2) vs. the roller locked (A3) that I found on Youtube. Looking at this makes me wonder if safety harbor or someone will come out with a conversion kit.
stribog comparison.JPG

Thanks for posting this. I was about to pull the trigger on one, but will wait for the glock version
You're going to wait a long time. ILWT has put a indefinite hold on Glock lowers. Not enough demand and it involved reengineering and building a new bolt. Cost would have been too high. He may still do Colt mag lowers when the Corona mass hysteria is over.

I haven't been following the progress.
If there's not going to be a Glock compatible lower designed/released for what I currently have, I'll invest in another CMMG.

My attraction, I already have a stockpile invested. I'm not dead-set on the need to BE Glock mags.
I am of mind that there needs to be a superior mag redesigned, and already released, for the issues known with the mags that were released with the gun.
I'm not about buying more inferior mags.
The designer is chasing the higher denomination, not what's already been on the market.

So I wouldn't have to buy a whole bunch of mags, and i gotta have a bare minimum of 10 per gun
So you can go to war with your Stribog? I never convince anyone of this but buy guns and accessories for what you ACTUALLY do with it. Is your Stribog or Banshee or whatever going to put down an insurrection or help save liberty as we know it? Nope. Ain't gonna happen. Do you need 10 compatible mags to compete with in some sort of bowling style tournament shooting sports activity? Yeah Good reason then. FWIW Ive put thousands of rounds through my Stribog. Smooth shooting GREAT gun with not even a hint of mag issues.

If you buy a Stribog and a tax stamp you can buy 10 nags for it and still have less in it than what banshee would cost.

Last Edited:
And the Stribog mags would still be CRAP
How are yours doing? You don't actually have one and are just repeating bubblegumy internet people you say? Mine are great. Ive never had a single problem from them or the gun in general . Not one single problem. Never a fail to fire , a fail to feed, a failure to eject, nothing. It runs and runs and its spot on accurate. I'd have to call it the most reliable gun Ive ever owned and Ive got PCC's out the ying yang. It blows away anything in its class.

Last Edited:
I want to get a small 9mm pcc like the stribog or extar, etc for a small stature recoil averse female to use for HD.

What has the lowest recoil of the bunch? I have heard some of you say that rotary delayed blowback is supposed to be the lowest recoil.

I've shot the Extar which has a surprisingly harsh recoil. I have a friend with a Skorpion which is a little better but has a lousy trigger and safety. The Stribog has very little recoil but it does have a stiff bolt spring . I've got an MP5k clone and the recoil on it is very mild and if you have the 1450 ish to play with I'd go that route for someone who is very recoil averse but they don't work well with the Korean mags they come with. HK mags work great with them but they're expensive. To be honest even a 9mm AR doesn't have a lot of felt recoil with an 8oz buffer and the Stribog has even less than that.

How are your mags holding up? Mine are still in one piece working great.The only mag I have issues with it the drum.

What issues are you having from the drum? I've been thinking about buying one. I have 8 mags 6 30 rounds and 2 20 rounds all have been loaded for months. Some for over a year. One lip did crack while I was at my buddies range but I did drop it on some river rock lip first. The crack hasn't grown and it still functions flawlessly

What issues are you having from the drum? I've been thinking about buying one. I have 8 mags 6 30 rounds and 2 20 rounds all have been loaded for months. Some for over a year. One lip did crack while I was at my buddies range but I did drop it on some river rock lip first. The crack hasn't grown and it still functions flawlessly
It hangs up occasionally and I dont think Ive made it through one full drum without a malfunction of some sort.

As far as the stick mags mine have run 100%. I'm sure some people have had issues but it seems to be a small minority and the importer is good about replacing them if it does occur. Mine have been flawless. . I know they have a steel lip work around in progress.

I have both and the Stribog shoots better.i don't see what the attraction in Glock mags is.
Ubiquity seems to be the most alluring thing. Personally, I've only seen issues with Glock mag fed PCC's especially 10mm- despite the mags working just fine in the pistol they were designed for. The single position feed v.s dual position I think is the biggest culprit for the unreliability for feeding and slide lock in PCC's. Seems like the Stribog 30's can be cheaper than Glock mags of equal size, for what its worth. Despite having zero desire for a PCC, the A3's use of AR pattern grips is a great idea.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews