JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"Obama to seek new Assault Weapons Ban"

The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holder said today.

Wednesday Attorney General Eric Holder said that the Obama administration will seek to reinstitute the assault weapons ban which expired in 2004 during the Bush administration.

"As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons," Holder told reporters.

Holder said that putting the ban back in place would not only be a positive move by the United States, it would help cut down on the flow of guns going across the border into Mexico, which is struggling with heavy violence among drug cartels along the border.

"I think that will have a positive impact in Mexico, at a minimum." Holder said at a news conference on the arrest of more than 700 people in a drug enforcement crackdown on Mexican drug cartels operating in the U.S.

Holder said that putting the ban back in place would not only be a positive move by the United States, it would help cut down on the flow of guns going across the border into Mexico, which is struggling with heavy violence among drug cartels along the border.

"I think that will have a positive impact in Mexico, at a minimum." Holder said at a news conference on the arrest of more than 700 people in a drug enforcement crackdown on Mexican drug cartels operating in the U.S.
We are definitely not the Mexican government. It will only give the cartels within mexico more pwoer over the civilian populations in the United States when they do cross over. They will always find weapons, why should we suffer? We don't even have assault weapons! Shame on them. My tax dollars pay for fully automatic weapons for the Secret Service, so of course those politicians feel smug.

Is anybody REALLY surprised by this? We all knew that it was only a matter of time before these "changes" started rolling out. Of course, BHO said during his campaign that he supported the 2A, and was not going to try to take away your weapons. Of course, he doesn't have to, he just appoints others to do it for him, like Eric Holder and Rahm Emanuel, two of the most outspoken anti-gun zealots imaginable........

:s0154:

Last Edited:
The arguement about Mexico just makes it more obvious to me that we need to shut the border down tight!!! Then they wouldn't be able smuggle weapons across into Mexico, and the drugs could stay there!

I doubt they're even smuggling weapons across the border. That sounds like typical alarmist bull to work the ignorant portion of the public into a frenzy.

Think of all the cheaper, easier to get and FULL-AUTO firearms there are floating around from the Sandinista War...the bulk of them supplied by the US no less!

Last edited by a moderator:
The arguement about Mexico just makes it more obvious to me that we need to shut the border down tight!!! Then they wouldn't be able smuggle weapons across into Mexico, and the drugs could stay there!

But, but, but the wall and shutting it down might hurt their feelings. And they are our neighbors afterall....:s0114::s0112:

I couldn't agree more.

Check out what the Democrats are saying on DU (but please don't troll):

http://www.democraticunderground.co...mesg&forum=118&topic_id=202607&mesg_id=202607

I'd call that progress in our favor....

Wow, great quote from one of those guys-

When i have a right, you (or any organization/body seeking to curtail rights) need to tell me why you can abridge it. It's not the other way around: i don't need to explain to you why i need my rights to free speech or due process, you need to tell me what the cause of trampling them is.

Well most of us saw this comming, it was just a matter of when. Guess we will all have to dig a little deeper to buy one now. And deeper, and deeper, and deeper, and--------:s0154:-----:s0077:

Wow, great quote from one of those guys-

When i have a right, you (or any organization/body seeking to curtail rights) need to tell me why you can abridge it. It's not the other way around: i don't need to explain to you why i need my rights to free speech or due process, you need to tell me what the cause of trampling them is.

:s0095:

Wow - someone who "gets it!"

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top