JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its idiots like this that ruin it for everyone.
He's obviously trying to make a point , the LEO gives him several opportunities to just say "no thanks, this conversation is over and walk away". The LEO even gives him that option, "you can you don't want to talk to me and go on your way".
It doesn't accomplish anything unless you're just looking for a reason to upload a video on YT and get some views. Waste of everyones times.
That idiot who open carries whatever will get a response down there in Oregon,Beaverton? is a perfect example. One of his videos the cop asks him a question and then he is done,cause he knows the guy.
The guy keeps asking the cops questions and the cops are ready to order coffee.
Quit watching this kind of BS and these Dumb fcckks will go away

See any patterns here?

Now those things are way out of control...they make you stop and ask if you're a US citizen. I'd definitely give them some grief.
Instead of giving border patrol more funding to secure the border, they're wasting tax payer dollars on trying to harass everyday Americans. Even if you're an illegal alien...who's actually going to say "yes, arrest me and deport me cuz i'm here illegally". :rolleyes:

Now those things are way out of control...they make you stop and ask if you're a US citizen. I'd definitely give them some grief.
Instead of giving border patrol more funding to secure the border, they're wasting tax payer dollars on trying to harass everyday Americans. Even if you're an illegal alien...who's actually going to say "yes, arrest me and deport me cuz i'm here illegally". :rolleyes:
This is a good point.

Not all cops hassle citizens, but I have had enough of them hassle me and waste my time, that I would say that if they feel the need to ask me what is in a case I am carrying, that I feel it is okay for someone to "hassle" them back and waste their time. Maybe they will catch a clue and stop wasting the time of citizens who are not breaking any laws.

For example, I had an Everett city copy stop me on my motorcycle because he didn't like some stickers on my helmet. One said "warning, capable of evading high speed pursuit". Another said "legalize freedom". He mentioned both and tried to get me to argue with him about them. Then when when he asked me my occupation and I said I was unemployed, he made a comment that I should have been out looking for a job instead of going out riding my motorcycle.

I refused to engage - he tried to ruin my day - he did it because he could, not because I was breaking any law or he was watching out for my safety or that of the public. He wanted to harrass me because he didn't like my attitude or politics and my little stickers didn't "respect his authority". In short, he was on a power trip.

I ignored him. After half an hour of me sitting there, he let me go with no ticket. That was a tame example of harassment - I've had others, and mine have been fairly tame compared to my Harley riding brethren who get treated like gang members.

So it is no surprise to me that some people have an attitude when it comes to LEOs. When I was a LEO (fed), I treated everyone I had to interview with courtesy and professionalism - that is how I was trained and how I was brought up. Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. I kept my eyes open, I did my job, but I didn't hassle citizens and I didn't have a me vs. them attitude.

YMMV.

Please give me more then mindless quotes. Please explain to me why. Us your right to free speech. I had this bada$$ neighbor who kept causing trouble in the neighborhood. Some were scared of him because he never called the cops, he just took care of business. One day I went to talk to him about his crap. He and he cousin said they were going to kick my A$$. After I gave them a proper beat down guess who called the cops on me. You quoters remind me of him. Dog the law until you need them then whine like babies because you are misunderstood and disrespected. TOOOOOOOOOO Funny. By the way I wasn't arrested. I used my right to free speech and my right to defend myself. My Home owners insurance paid for the false teeth I gave him.
If there was ever someone who should give up their rights..

I think the video is great.

The guy stood there and debated too long though. It should have been over sooner.

"Am I free to go or being detained. ?"
"Yes"
"Ok, see you later"

I don't like the videos (or prople) where people they debate. That's just stupid, unless the LEO refuses to answer if you are free to go.

Otherwise people have a right to know what LEO's will violate your 4th.

I would let him know what was in the case. It's not a big deal.
In this day and age of crazy people shooting up places and people, I understand
police being overly cautious.
I don't look at it as being a huge infringement on my rights. It still my choice to talk
to him or not, but I would choose to put his mind at ease. What is the harm in this case?

Senseless, so I didn't watch the whole thing.....Did we ever get to see what the case looked like?

There are only three thing I say to a cop that approaches me:

1) "With all due respect, I have been advised by my attorney to never speak to LEOs with his presence."
2) "No, I do not consent to a search of my person or my property without a warrant."
3) "Am I free to go now?"
Good practice.

Last time I was stopped the LEO kept asking me why I broke the traffic law he gave me a ticket for - I just kept saying "no good reason officer", because there wasn't, and anything else is none of his business. He caught me doing something stupid and illegal, give me the ticket, I will pay it and move on. I am not going to get into an argument with a LEO about why I broke the law.

Repeat as necessary. I am not a dick about it but that is all they are going to get. As a side note, I don't go around with a video camera trying to get a rise out of cops so I can post being "violated" on the internet.

There is a fine line anymore, but no I don't going around trying to make life difficult for LEOs. They do a dangerous thankless job and we need them to do it.

Conversely, given the vids I have seen of some LEOs abusing their authority, and then outright lying about it, it wouldn't hurt to have a vid cam (or two or three) running when encountering a LEO. At best it might keep the bad ones honest, at worst it may save your posterior in court or provide your loved ones with evidence to sue the gov. over a wrongful death.

Which reminds me of a county sheriff encounter I had in WA state while riding my motorcycle. It was either Skagit or Chelan county - I was going over the pass and it was quite a while ago.

The sheriff was going the other way on the 2 lane highway. His SUV had tinted windows, it was a dark cloudy day, and we passed each other at 60 MPH each, so I didn't see him signal me to pull over. He turned around and pulled me over with lights. He gave me a ration of fecal matter about not pulling over when he signalled me, and a bunch of other crap.

His attitude changed completely when I pulled off my helmet and he saw I was middle aged, not a teenager, and my address was Bellevue (back then, Bellevue still had a rep for being home to a bunch of dot tech millionaires). He started calling me "sir" and being all professional like.

My point is, that a vid cam may give the same result. If a LEO knows they can and will be held accountable for their attitude and behavior, especially that their behavior may windup on the evening news, then they tend to act more professionally.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Ok here the point, yes we have rights and yes one can take the pictures and then go complain to their superiors if not happy, or post on Youtube and it changes nothing. We all know all these videos do is rile people up but at the department level, its filed in the round file cabinet as far as they are concerned.

The part that we must remember is we still have the right to choices in this country so when you interact with the police you don't have to be a douche with the cops. If you know your rights as this guy does then be polite and personable and in most cases they will move on. I was in LE, I can tell you why yes its a right not to engage with the LE most anyone with more the two brain cells knows, and we "ALL" know all that does is draw attention to your self. I enforce my rights too, I am also one of these people if ever pulled over here tell the police ( they already know) that I have a CHL, and I keep my hands firmly on the wheel until they want a license or registration and then I ask them if I can get what they are asking for even though they ask I repeat it. No you can't see my firearm unless I can yours. I wont stick around unless cop says I am being detained ( hasn't happened yet ).

These videos are interesting because I see theses videographers do two things in just about every video.
1. Act like a douche to polite and nice cops.
2. Act like a douche to rude and aggressive cops.

If a cop is being respectful there is no reason to act rude back as all that is going to do is escalate things. Just be polite say good bye and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok here the point, yes we have rights and yes one can take the pictures and then go complain to their superiors if not happy, or post on Youtube and it changes nothing. We all know all these videos do is rile people up but at the department level its filed in the round file cabinet as far as they are concerned.

The part that we must remember is we still have the right to choices in this country so when you interact with the police you don't have to be a douche with the cops. If you know your rights as this guy does then be polite and personable and in most cases they will move on. I was in LE, I can tell you why yes its a right not to engage with the LE, however anyone with more the tow brain cells knows and we "ALL" know all that does is draw attention to your self. I enforce my rights too, I am also one of these people if ever pulled over here tell the police ( they already know) that I have a CHL, and I keep my hands firmly on the wheel until they want a license or registration and then I ask them if I can get what they are asking for even though they ask I repeat it. No you can't see my firearm unless I can yours. I wont stick around unless cop says I am being detained ( hasn't happened yet ).

These videos are interesting because I see theses videographers do two things in just about every video.
1. Act like a douche to polite and nice cops.
2. Act like a douche to rude and aggressive cops.

If a cop is being respectful there is no reason to act rude back all that is going to do is escalate things. Just be polite say good bye and move on.

I'm with you on that.
If you want respect, you should give respect.
I act the same way when i'm pulled over.

Generally, when I get discourtesy from LEOs, it has been thee LEO who started it.

I have never given them any grief face to face. They are in a position of power at that juncture, and I see no point in egging them on.

We had a saying in the military; you deserve courtesy, you earn respect.

Always be ready to record any police contact, if one decides to be a prick they can claim anything they want, even lie, and it is your word against theirs unless you video. Courts believe cops period.

I would let him know what was in the case. It's not a big deal.

"What's in the case"

"None of your business - that's what"

There. Done. Walk away.

If it wasn't a person in authority, and they weren't looking at you like you were somebody guilty of something, then I wouldn't mind answering. But when a LEO asks, they are asking because they think you may be guilty of something.

I shouldn't have to say it - but I will again, DO NOT TALK TO LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS.

But when a LEO asks, they are asking because they think you may be guilty of something.
With all the crazy shootings etc going on now days, I am glad that people and police are
aware of their surroundings and about potential issues. I am glad they are vigilant. I thought
the officers were very polite and handled it well. I think the person doing the videoing was
baiting them with his attitude. They did not fall for it.
I would have gladly told them what was in the case and let them go on to worrying about
real crime. And I would appreciate the fact they are concerned with public safety.

Now this sh!!t stick was videoing the cops to make trouble and make his little you tube hits.
I'm sorry I clicked on it and gave hims hit.
He is an a$$ hat and should be arrested for being stupid.I hate that crap.
With all the crazy shootings etc going on now days, I am glad that people and police are
aware of their surroundings and about potential issues. I am glad they are vigilant. I thought
the officers were very polite and handled it well. I think the person doing the videoing was
baiting them with his attitude. They did not fall for it.
I would have gladly told them what was in the case and let them go on to worrying about
real crime. And I would appreciate the fact they are concerned with public safety.
The guy was baiting the cops and should have just walked away. BUT! they could have left also after they figured out he was baiting them. And if they were too stupid to realize he was safe and just looking for you tube hits, then they ain't much for cops.I don't know,do these guys that bait cops like this look like crazies ? Why ask someone with a nice case what's in it?
Could be 100 different things.Heck someone who is illegally carrying a rifle would get nervous not stand there and argue with the cops

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top