JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Videographer with his tripod in a case questioned because police think it contains a gun.

Tries to walk away but officer just about begs for a chat.

What would you do? Would you give up your 4th Amendment Rights & privacy & show them what you have inside a case? Or stand your ground on principal and just not answer questions.

I would like to know why some one would do this. It appears to me he is just causing trouble, wasting Police resources just to prove a point. The Cops job is to protect us from others that mean us harm. Why doesn't he just walk around with a pressure cooker in a back pack. There's no law against that either.

Come on.......really????

I can give respect, if it is being reciprocated. I only fast forwarded through the video but I would love to have every officer I talk to be as professional as those sheriffs. And I would give a simple answer, maybe not great detail but respect the officers duties also.

I would like to know why some one would do this. It appears to me he is just causing trouble, wasting Police resources just to prove a point. The Cops job is to protect us from others that mean us harm. Why doesn't he just walk around with a pressure cooker in a back pack. There's no law against that either.
yeah, but what kind of society is it when the police start treating everyone as suspicious until proven otherwise. Sir, sir... what's that bulge in your pants....

Its idiots like this that ruin it for everyone.
He's obviously trying to make a point , the LEO gives him several opportunities to just say "no thanks, this conversation is over and walk away". The LEO even gives him that option, "you can say you don't want to talk to me and go on your way".
It doesn't accomplish anything unless you're just looking for a reason to upload a video on YT and get some views. Waste of everyones times.

Last Edited:
I can give respect, if it is being reciprocated. I only fast forwarded through the video but I would love to have every officer I talk to be as professional as those sheriffs. And I would give a simple answer, maybe not great detail but respect the officers duties also.

Same here, if the LEOS are being professional, I cooperate; particularly with the game enforcement officers.

The Cops job is to protect us from others that mean us harm.
70s_show_dumbass.jpg

Same here, if the LEOS are being professional, I cooperate; particularly with the game enforcement officers.
X2. though, every state police or fish and game guy ive ran into out hunting in eastern oregon has always first offered me a hand in skinning or whatever... then checks my tags and license. those guys, i respect. heck, one time a state officer walked into our group of 8 dudes all with sidearms visible... he didnt even have to think twice he just knew we werent out there to cause trouble.

You realize that SCOTUS has ruled IT IS NOT THE OFFICERS JOB TO PROTECT YOU right?
Exactly.

The job of a Law Enforcement Officer is to enforce the law.

Funny how that escapes some people.

If they can get there before harm is done, then they will usually try to protect you. But most of the time they are not called until someone is already harmed, at which time they will take a report, file it, and if possible try to find the person who broke the law and arrest them, if they stumble across them while on patrol.

Just walk away. You should NEVER give up your fourth amendment rights.

EVER

Anyway, the ninth district court has ruled that a single use case, like a gun case, does not present probable cause for search let alone a multiuse bag.

I strongly disagree, this shows you how bad it really is.
Open carriers have a constitutional right to open carry a firearm, this ties into that. Yes its just a bag, and he could have just done what he was told like a good little civilian.. Making a scene or NOT we have a right to go about our day unharassed, especially if we arent harming or infringing on others.

Id say if the cops are that jumpy they need more training and self restraint or just something better to do.

I didn't watch the vid, but in general, I do not talk to the police (I used to be a federal LEO, I still have friends who are LEOs and I have a cousin who is NCIS):

That's fine and I agree.
So just ask the cop if he's done,am i being arrested?,if not I am leaving.
My problem with these JackHats is they have to keep this crap up instead of just leaving.He made his point now walk off and let the cop get on his way
If the cop isn't arresting you all you have to do is walk.
But these you tube hack need their air time And anyone who clicked,including me,just fed their little brains with excitement 'Oh boy look at how many hits we got!!'
Only most were like mine and only watched the first 20 seconds

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top