JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First Left after the Bridge of The Gods if you are heading EAST on Hwy 14. Then follow the signs. Might need a 4x4 this time of year - I haven't been out there recently.

Although the snow level is real low right now, I heard someone up there shooting @ noon today, so it must be accessible.

I am hoping to go check out the stevenson rifle range fairly soon, If anyone has direction or GPS coordinates that would be great. thanks!

Head across the Bridge of the Gods. Once you reach Hwy 14 turn right, then at about 100 yds or so you turn left on to Ash Lake Rd. Follow Ash Lake Rd a mile or so and turn left (almost straight ahead actually) on Blue Lake Rd and go a couple miles. You'll see a large rock quarry, but keep going. There is a sign for a shooting range. Rifle on the right pistol on the left. Everyone who goes up there tries to keep it clean. They have a trash can for garbage, but haul out what you can when finished.

The English Pit is a little closer and is only $15.00 for the day. You might save that much in gas depending on what you drive if coming from Portland. They don't allow rapid fire and it's target shooting only, so it all depends on what you're after. They have a web site and are located between Vancouver and Camas.

Just a heads up, there has been talk of closing the Stevenson Range due to the amount of trash that is being left behind by shooters. I wont waste my time lecturing people on picking up their crap after shooting because you either get it or you don't.

I drove out there a few weeks ago and it was crazy crowded and pretty trashed up. I just left. Sounds like it may become a victim of its own popularity.
From the carnage I found up there this morning this weekend was no different. Dozens of beer cans, more broken bottles, dishes, milk jugs, blasted fruit, and raw eggs all over the place. People even rolled out one of the cable spools that is used as a reloading table and shot the crap out of it. I got up there about 6 a.m. and raked up bubblegum for over an hour before Shooting. I got it somewhat picked up but ran out of trash bags. The amount of trash on the 25 yard range alone was enough to fill the bed of a pickup and the rifle range was no better. All I can say is WTF people.

I drove up to Ash Lake this morning. It's been a few years since I've been there. It's closed to shooting and apparently open to the homeless, or maybe they are just year round campers and garbage generators. Range7.jpg

Range7.jpg

present company excepted since i don't know all of the members,shooters are a bunch of pigs,and losing shooting areas is the result of their being born with crap-for-brains.
That was a nice place to shoot,but like so many others,it's gone. :(

Just a suggestion. Perhaps those local to Stevenson, or other interested folks could organize a clean up morning. I have never been to your range but it seems sad that it could be lost to slob shooters. My wife and I enjoy that whole region for its beauty! You could even make "Please Clean Up" signs that people could shoot up, instead of the furniture!

PS: I guess I'm an interested folk. I would be interested in helping out. Have small PU.

Last Edited:
Sadly I learned of the Stevenson range about a week before it closed last year. I only got to shoot there once. A cleanup is a good ida, heck it's always a good idea anywhere people shoot. I don't know if it will help in this case. If I remember the excuse the county was using it was some sort of bird or wildlife survey.

I'd still go up there and pickup trash for a day. I don't have a truck but I have plenty of trash bags !

Thats not a bad idea Sgt, I'm not sure who to contact about it though........any suggestions?

Just a suggestion. Perhaps those local to Stevenson, or other interested folks could organize a clean up morning. I have never been to your range but it seems sad that it could be lost to slob shooters. My wife and I enjoy that whole region for its beauty! You could even make "Please Clean Up" signs that people could shoot up, instead of the furniture!

PS: I guess I'm an interested folk. I would be interested in helping out. Have small PU.

Man... This just sucks. I thought my regular spot was bad. This one sounds like a hell hole.
And sadly, the only one's reading this thread are likely to be people who already care about their place.

From the carnage I found up there this morning this weekend was no different. Dozens of beer cans, more broken bottles, dishes, milk jugs, blasted fruit, and raw eggs all over the place. People even rolled out one of the cable spools that is used as a reloading table and shot the crap out of it. I got up there about 6 a.m. and raked up bubblegum for over an hour before Shooting. I got it somewhat picked up but ran out of trash bags. The amount of trash on the 25 yard range alone was enough to fill the bed of a pickup and the rifle range was no better. All I can say is WTF people.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top