JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up a Stevens 311a yesterday.
I know it was built in 1957 because of the "I" in the circle. Does anyone know what the "PJ" before the circled "I" mean?

20200721_194544.jpg

20200721_194730.jpg

20200721_194410.jpg

20200721_194424.jpg

20200721_194437.jpg

Are there any markings on the underside of the barrels matching the PJ? Could be either marking from inspector (initials) or if the barrels have same they are match up numbers for assembly.

Are there any markings on the underside of the barrels matching the PJ? Could be either marking from inspector (initials) or if the barrels have same they are match up numbers for assembly.
Yes, the marking underneath the forearm match up. That makes sense that it could be an inspectors mark. I also wonder if it stands for a specific trim (like a fancier stock or finish or something).
I did send a message to Savage about it. I have my doubts about hearing back from them, those kind questions sometimes seem like they get ignored by big companies.
I think your answer makes the most sense though. It is a nice shotgun, hopefully I'll get a chance to take out for some trap soon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top