JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which material?

• Steel

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Alloy

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Polymer

Votes: 27 52.9%

• Total voters
Polymer because of the weight and you don't care if it gets scratched or worn. The polymer guns tend to be higher capacity as well. Having said that, the gun I am most likely to carry is a Colt 380 pocketlite with an alloy frame and low capacity because it is so small and light, so you can take it with you regardless of what you are wearing, and I don't have a similar size polymer pistol.

Polymer for weight reasons. I generally prefer pocket carry, so lighter is better. Wood and steel might be prettier, but I'm not looking to make a fashion statement. Kahr CM9 over my SW640 for concealed carry most of the time.

Carry a light weapon, but when push comes to shove, I want the best and most reliable. I do not worry about my 1911. Round after round just makes it sweet to shoot! Trust steel, worry about all the rest.

I dont even consider the material.

It is either a quality gun or it is not........
It either fits my hand or it doesnt.......
It either carries well or doesnt........

There is a whole list of things that it has to be that materials does not even figure into my mind.

I typed up a nice reply and the computer/forum ate it!:huh:
In a nutshell, with rare exceptions I carry a steel framed Commander sized 1911. (Dan Wesson CBOB) I use a quality leather belt and have a few very good holsters so I can change the style of carry depending on what I'm wearing or where I'm going. I'm not a big guy and with quality belt/holsters I can carry it all day, every day. Just spent two full days (pre-dawn to sunset) packing it in a High Noon belt slider.
The rare exception is a Taurus TCP (polymer frame) in my jacket pocket. And actually, I wish I had my S&W 649 back. I'd drop the Taurus like a hot potato!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top