JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a couple extra steel targets. These things are GREAT for pistols (from 20-100 yds), and from 100+, you can use them for smaller rifles. I use one at 600 yds, when I'm shooting my .308 (AR-10), and it's a great way to get positive feedback from each hit (unlike paper targets).

The "A" and "B" zones of an IPSC target will fit on these, so it's a great way to practice, if you can find an outdoor rock pit. Even if you miss the "B" zone, you'll be able to see where you're hitting, because these are wider than the "B" target zone. If you're missing the target completely... I'm sure it's just the gun or the ammo your using, right?

plate8.jpg
plate7.jpg
plate6.jpg

If you are using an AR-15, you should NOT use green tip ammunition (or penetrating rounds). I'd assume that this is common sense, but I figure, it's worth mentioning. I tested the strength on these, and the green tips were deflected at 100 yds, but it depends on the angle of the target... If it's perfectly upright, the penetrating ammo will probably go through these. I know that a 7mm Mag will cut through this thing like butter, at 100 yds.

I would consider these "pistol targets", because we hit them with HOT 357 sig rounds, and even 5.7 AP rounds, and the targets maintained their integrity. If you do intend to use them with rifles, place them at a steep angle, with the top forward. This will deflect the projectiles downward, and in to the ground. We shot them with 55 grain .223 and 7.62x39 at 100 yards (or less), but we had them at a steep angle... None of the rounds penetrated these things.

If you're reloading your own ammo with coated/plated or lead bullets, these would be OK for closer range. Lead just makes a splatter mark, and the coated bullets hardly even leave a mark. It's fun to set up your own stages, and run through them with friends. These would be perfect for cowboy action shooting!

These are HEAVY, and pretty thick metal. I used a yard stick, to show the dimensions.

https://imageshack.com/i/nfplate1j
plate3u.jpg
plate4.jpg

If you are using these for precision distance shooting, you might just want to paint them a solid color. I use "marking" paint (high visibility "safety" colors), and place them at 600-1000 yards. You can hear the impact, so if you're too far away to see it, you'll be able to hear it.

plate9.jpg

If you are interested in custom targets, I can probably beat anyone's price. I just need to pass on the details to my fabricator. Just send me a PM with questions and details. We've made poppers, silhouettes (sp?), dueling trees, and target jacks, but we don't mass produce them. If you buy more than one of these, we can always work on the price a little.

PAPERPUNCHER

These were, actually, cut from a transformer's armor that was found in the devastation that followed the Hiroshima bomb. You could see where Godzilla attempted to battle the transformer, but he just chipped his tooth. The metal has not been rated by earthly standards, because transformers are an alien race.

OK... I'm not really sure, but I figured if I'm blowing smoke up your @$$, I'd may as well do the best that I could.

Like I said in the posting. These will hold up to almost any pistol, but I wouldn't use them for anything higher than an AK47 (7.62x39) at 100 yds. If you're using them for rifles, I would suggest placing them at an angle, so the bullet is deflected and less prone to penetrate. They're less expensive than most, but if you want something better, you're going to have to pay more.

They probably weigh about 45 lbs, plus or minus a few lbs. We can put a hole in the top, if you want one (0r even 2 on each side)... It's easy enough, and won't cost any more than my asking price. I usually just shove them in to a berm, or prop them up at an angle with whatever I can find at the pit. I don't like to spend that much time setting up... It takes away from my trigger time!

I had several 8" round targets made. Someone ordered two, and my fabricator made a couple extras. These are 1/2" steel, so they should be pretty tough. I put a quarter next to the target, so you could get an idea of how thick they are. If these were tires, you'd be good through Summer! :D

I'm selling them for $20 each.

010edit_zps12fae197.jpg 009edit_zpsd60a4659.jpg

I'm in Renton, but if we plan ahead, I might be able to make a trip down there. Do you know of any outdoor shooting areas (maybe somewhere in-between Renton and Vancouver)? If I go all the way down there, I'd like to get a little trigger time in.

I'm not making a lot of money on these, so any money that I get, would probably go towards gas.

Thanks

Last Edited:
Yeah i get it.
There's a lot of shooting places outside vancouver.
We just drive about 30 mins outside of vancouver find a back stop and unload.
If i can make if up there soon i will send you a message. That is a great deal.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top