JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Top 10 states rankings in economic outlook
1. Utah 2. South Dakota 3. Virginia 4. Wyoming 5. North Dakota 6. Idaho 7. Missouri 8. Colorado 9. Arizona and 10. Georgia.

Bottom 10 state rankings in economic outlook
50. New York 49. Vermont 48. Illinois 47. Maine 46. Hawaii 45. Oregon 44. Connecticut 43. Rhode Island 42. New Jersey and 41. Minnesota.

Hmmm I'm trying to figure out what the best states have in common and what the worst states have in common....wana guess with me? On a side note I can't believe Commiefornia isn't at the bottom, it's current fiscal crisis is almost at the unfixable point.

What do they have in common? Good question. If you are trying to tie it to RKBA, your
logic is a little off. Vermontand Oregon are pretty gun friendly states, even though Oregon
has a bit of a problem recognizing other states permits.

Link to the list where you got your "data"? Maybe that will shed some light on what they have in common.

Yes---I too am surprised that the peoples republic of Kalifornia didn't make the bottom 10.

It's absurd to put AZ on that list - the state's an economic train wreck.
What the others have in common is that they never carried debt - chiefly in the form of entitlements - which is what's crushing IL and RI.

It always feels good when when an organization who espouses the same beliefs as we do comes out with an official looking "economic index" that seemingly justifies all our views and opinions. Unfortunately that doesn't make it factual.

Colorado, Wyoming, the Dakotas, etc....all have large natural gas and oil sources that are being mined. A lot of the natural gas was in shale and unobtainable until a few years back when a new mining process was discovered. IDK about why the bottom states are bottom, maybe it's due to liberalist ideals and the lack of any industries to tax at the moment? (that first part is a logical truth, the part about the bottom states is just opinion lol)

I have thought about moving back to Colorado, or even to Wyoming or (shiver) North Dakota since supposedly things are back in swing there due to the mining and oil industries. I hear North Dakota is the place to make some money, even if you have to pay 4-5K a month for rent (apparently there is not enough housing to support the growing workforce....so i am guessing house construction will start up there too here soon).

Top 10 states rankings in economic outlook
1. Utah 2. South Dakota 3. Virginia 4. Wyoming 5. North Dakota 6. Idaho 7. Missouri 8. Colorado 9. Arizona and 10. Georgia.

Bottom 10 state rankings in economic outlook
50. New York 49. Vermont 48. Illinois 47. Maine 46. Hawaii 45. Oregon 44. Connecticut 43. Rhode Island 42. New Jersey and 41. Minnesota.

Hmmm I'm trying to figure out what the best states have in common and what the worst states have in common....wana guess with me? On a side note I can't believe Commiefornia isn't at the bottom, it's current fiscal crisis is almost at the unfixable point.

The top ten states: 9 out of 10 are right to work states. Only CO is a a forced-unionism state,
Utah, S. Dakota, Idaho & Colorado are usually ranked at the top for economic freedom. Lower taxes. Also the top 6 have few NAMs

The bottom ten states: All forced-unionism states. High debt due to insane government pensions. Big welfare states.

CA should be in the bottom 10.

It's absurd to put AZ on that list - the state's an economic train wreck.
What the others have in common is that they never carried debt - chiefly in the form of entitlements - which is what's crushing IL and RI.

Arizona sold prison beds to other states, including Washington.

That's right, ladies and gents...we helped pay off their debt.

In a related note, California had to outsource their prison beds (I think to Arizona as well). But they paid in I.O.U.s...I, too, am perplexed as to why California is not on the worst ten. Maybe because of the taxes on weed? So many people flock to California to get medicinal marijuana now-a-days...

Having recently moved from NE, I can tell you that Vermont and Maine are outliers. They shouldn't even be on the list. Both are states with no industry which used to be known for farming and logging which are both totally untenable in their states due to deforestation. Maine in particular has suffered from massive population loss for decades. There is simply NOTHING there. (Except for lovely country).

The industry that used to be based there has moved to areas with better infrastructure. It's not at all political. It's just economics.

Arizona sold prison beds to other states, including Washington.

That's right, ladies and gents...we helped pay off their debt.

In a related note, California had to outsource their prison beds (I think to Arizona as well). But they paid in I.O.U.s...I, too, am perplexed as to why California is not on the worst ten. Maybe because of the taxes on weed? So many people flock to California to get medicinal marijuana now-a-days...

California has contracted prison beds at 2 facilities in AZ as well as beds in OK and MS. Looks like they cut it back a bit as they used to rent beds in 5 states. Consider that CA also normally has about 300k inmates at any given time, just under 100k parolees, and on a normal day there are approximately 35K parole/escape warrants for parolees at large and escapees.
Have no fear - they re-elected Governor Moonbeam after a 30+ year break - History forgotten is doomed to be repeated.

Maybe AZ is taking all the weed they capture from the Mexican cartels smuggling operations and selling it to the CA dispensaries to make some extra $$$.

It always feels good when when an organization who espouses the same beliefs as we do comes out with an official looking "economic index" that seemingly justifies all our views and opinions. Unfortunately that doesn't make it factual.

This was compiled by Alec-laffer as part of the state competitiveness index sorry if the numbers don't match your politics, I guess you could just cover your eyes and make the nay nay nay I'm not looking or listening move. It works for my 7 year old and the occupy movement so give it a try.

http://www.idahoreporter.com/2012/alec-report-ranks-idaho-sixth-nationally-in-economic-outlook/

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads