Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

States push looser gun laws

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by rusobr2, Feb 24, 2010.

1. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Whenever I read stories like this I get this picture in my mind of Paul Helmke and Sarah Brady stamping their little feet and holding their breath until they turn blue.

Makes me smile! :D

3. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

ya coug-kinda puts a new meening to-----RUSH !!!:D

4. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/24/us/24guns.html?th&emc=th

5. treemanx

Just found this article and thought it should be posted here.

What do you think about it?

6. wakeadrian

wakeadrian Beaverton Member

7. treemanx

Thanks! I didnt see that!

8. slideglider

slideglider PDX Member

Don't believe everything you read. The MSM's goal is disinformation and to create an environment of complacency. There is a reason weapons sales are still going strong (although some decline and leveling off because of people having less money). So are tactical and survival items.

The last thing you need to believe is that someone else is going to fight for YOUR inalienable right to protection from predators. Always do it yourself for certainty.

9. treemanx

Yeah, and definitely take with a grain of salt what comes from the NYTimes. I just posted this as an interesting gun related article that basically covers alot of stuff we mostly already know.

I think the article took a position to say that people are worried what Obama may do to their gun rights, even though he hasn't done anything to hurt the 2A yet. Well, the problem is that based upon his party affiliation and friends in politics he would naturally be considered a President that would work to limit the 2A. Just because he hasn't done anything yet, doesn't mean he won't.

I believe it is the responsibility of the individuals to be vigilant in protecting their rights, and not become complacent because some media source says not to worry about it.

Yes, according to the article and recent events, we have scored a "few" points recently for our 2A rights. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't also be wary of future attacks on those rights, and continue to work to take back individual rights and freedoms that haven't yet been won back.

10. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Duplicate topics merged

11. Ravenous

Ravenous West Linn, OR Member

I would love nothing more than to see the people who want to fight the fundamentals of the constitution just move to countries where they already have gun control or government run health care. The Brady supporters can live in a "gun free" environment... just move there and become a citizen.