JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe the number of times she is allowed to vote/propose legislation for the rest of her career should be limited to match - regardless of the outcome from her proposal.

Looks to me that the document (http://media.oregonlive.com/politics_impact/other/LC1031_DRAFT_2013_Regular_Session.pdf) was drafted on 9/20/2012.

Anyone else able to verify this?

It appears to me that this has come and gone, and is just being brought up now to help the gun scare along.

Just because a draft is dated a few months ago doesn't mean it has been voted on or even introduced. Burdick has consistently introduced anti-gun legislation, it doesn't take a trigger for her to do so. You can bet that she will be pushing her anti-gun agenda extra hard this legislative session in order to capitalize on emotions running high.

I agree with locobob. Not sure if it is still currently in the works but that doesn't mean that you should ignore it. If it was brought up before, you can be sure it will be brought up again. Call/email/write your representatives and let them know how you feel and enlighten them on the facts behind all this nonsense they insist on pushing.

I plan to donate to whoever runs against her in the next election. I may even campaign for that person despite not living in an area she represents. This Politician needs to go!

Oh Puh-leeeeeeze Ms Burdick, get a grip. You have a long history of anti-gun Legislation proposals. Yes the proposal was ready to go, but the timing was coincidental?????? My posterior. Never wasting an opportune moment, you launched this proposal knowing the bleeding hearts would react to it due to the recent tragic event. "Do 50 round clips (sic) really have a place in civilized society?" You bet your posterior they do. Because it's a free market society.

Not everybody who is shooting a rifle is hunting. The game laws specify that ALL rifles are limited to a 5 round capacity. Ms Burdick, let me clue you in on something; not all rifles are used for hunting big game. Some use a 5, 10, 15, 20 plus round capacity magazine because we're not hunting but just plain enjoying the sport of shooting. But more importantly, we use higher capacity magazines, ...BECAUSE WE CAN. I suppose you go along with mayor Bloomberg asking if 64 oz Big Gulps have a place in society because they cause obesity. God knows that alone is going to stop fat, overweight, lethargic kids. I'm sure 64oz Big Gulps has everything to do with kids not getting off their butts and going outside for some form of physical activity. Forget the fact that they will buy two 32oz and go back for a refill. Kinda like a 10 round magazine. The naive thought that limiting access to 10 rounds is going to save the world is ludicrous. Because the bad guy is going to think: "Ummmm, gee, I only have a 10 round magazine; well, good thing I brought ten of them with me because I can't get the 30 rounders anymore so I'll just reload more often." And that is exactly the thought process by one of the Columbine shooters. The Columbine shootings occurred in 1999, five years after the ban was instituted and one of the shooters was using a Hi-Point 995 Carbine 9 mm carbine with thirteen 10-round magazines, which he fired a total of 96 times. Can't get a thirty round magazine? OK, I'll just use three ten round magazines.

The thought process of some of our elected "officials" amaze me. You say "There's no legitimate use for these things"? Again, I say BS. My legitimate reason is that I'm lazy. I don't want to have to reload as often when I'm at the range. Or, how about if I shoot in the sport of 3-gun competition where a reload on the clock puts me in 42nd place instead on the top 5? Something tells me you've never been pig hunting in Georgia. Or how about the idea that I, without breaking any laws of our state or federal government, just want to own one? You say people are in support of "reasonable" gun laws? Reasonable? What is reasonable? That's just a buzzword you use to placate the ones who may not question your motives. Reasonable in whose opinion? Yours? Trust me, your opinion of what is "reasonable" is not mine. Every motion you make to restrict the lawful ownership of legally obtained firearms and their accessories is NOT reasonable. I must however, agree with you on one statement the "assault weapons have no place in our society". But I would ask you then, what is an assault weapon? An "assault weapon" is a fist. It is a knife, it is a golf club, it is a baseball bat. It is an inanimate object used in an aggressive act upon an unwilling participant. Assault is a behavior, not a weapon. When you say that these "military weapons of war that have no other purpose than to kill people have no place in a civilized society", you are woefully incorrect. A firearm is solely designed to launch a projectile through means of chemical reaction. Nothing more. It is not until a set of human hands that pick it up and determine how it used is when it becomes a weapon. Until that moment, it just another inanimate piece of metal; the same as the afore mentioned golf club and baseball bat. But if you insist that a firearm is an instrument to kill, again, I will disagree, moreover, I would tell you that having the free, unfettered possession of firearms, by law-abiding citizens have SAVED lives. Many times, the mere presence of a law-abiding citizen with a firearm has prevented tragedy. But you, in your crusade, would chose to prevent me from having the ability to protect myself or my loved ones in the manner in which I deem most appropriate.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top