JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I searched before posting, didn't see anything. Im looking to buy a gun but unsure if my expired drivers license is allowed right now. My Passport is good, but read that was not permitted. DMV says the grace period extends to April. What's the scoop, anyone else dealt with this?

I searched before posting, didn't see anything. Im looking to buy a gun but unsure if my expired drivers license is allowed right now. My Passport is good, but read that was not permitted. DMV says the grace period extends to April. What's the scoop, anyone else dealt with this?

Passport is acceptable with a local something showing residence.
An expired drivers license with a valid passport can work, a passport and utility bill etc. I'd take more than needed because not all FFL's will be kind and follow the rules.

Oregon ODL is good for 1 year past expiration date, and 2 years for TSA requirements!
Not for the purchase or transfer of a firearm.

The Federal BGC system does not allow for deferring to Kate's Kyngdum. I was denied in November, because once my expired ODL had been entered, I needed to come back another day. I was not on the computer, and I will allow that it may be possible, but in my case, I came back a couple of days later and they ran me with my CCL, Easy Peasy.

The Federal BGC system does not allow for deferring to Kate's Kyngdum. I was denied in November, because once my expired ODL had been entered, I needed to come back another day. I was not on the computer, and I will allow that it may be possible, but in my case, I came back a couple of days later and they ran me with my CCL, Easy Peasy.

I never even considered this scenario, but my ODL is also expired and I will not be able to get it renewed anytime soon. Just to confirm what you are saying though; a concealed carry license is valid identification in Oregon for a background check?

I Just to confirm what you are saying though; a concealed carry license is valid identification in Oregon for a background check?
Yes it is. Just did a transfer a few days ago. The FFL asked if I had one, and when I said yes, he asked for it and did not even want to see my DL.

I never even considered this scenario, but my ODL is also expired and I will not be able to get it renewed anytime soon. Just to confirm what you are saying though; a concealed carry license is valid identification in Oregon for a background check?

As far as I know, it should not be a problem. My LGS must be following SOME guidelines, or i would have taken possession on the first go around..

God Luck!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads