JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You ask whether or you should use a longer G48 holster to accommodate your G43X with a WML. I say yes. I've often carried my G26 in a G19 holster in the AIWB position. One of the things you need to be cognizant of is the tendency for an AIWB holster to want to roll over the top of the belt with shorter barreled pistols, a longer holster helps prevent this from happening. I don't even own a G26 holster, if I am packing my 26 it is in a 19 holster.

You ask whether or you should use a longer G48 holster to accommodate your G43X with a WML. I say yes. I've often carried my G26 in a G19 holster in the AIWB position. One of the things you need to be cognizant of is the tendency for an AIWB holster to want to roll over the top of the belt with shorter barreled pistols, a longer holster helps prevent this from happening. I don't even own a G26 holster, if I am packing my 26 it is in a 19 holster.
Yep. Great call-out, @titsonritz. Phlster has a great set of resources on how to conceal a holster better. It's somewhat slanted towards their Enigma system, but there's a lot of universally applicable concepts there.

Thanks for the feedback. I, too, have carried smaller guns in bigger holsters (both Glock and 1911 platforms) when money was tight. In some cases, even used bigger pistol holsters for smaller guns. Have no argument against it and completely respect that everyone's CCW system is a lifelong work-in-progress.

Appendix carry does have some idiosyncrasies like the ones mentioned. One that has plagued me personally is that when wearing an AIWB holster where you go from a standing to seated position, the holster can drive down into your private parts like a guillotine! :( So raising the bottom of the holster a little higher is desirable.

But for the 'roll over' issue that was mentioned, only so much adjustments can be made to raise or lower any pistol/holster inside the beltline. Going to a smaller pistol and corresponding sized holster so far seems to make the most sense for my situation.

Thanks again and please continue...

The trick to sitting is to keep the end of the holster above the pelvic crease. There a few things that help with that, the closer to 12 o'clock the more room you will have, a slight reverse cant can also make a big difference, it helps to move your belt buckle off of 12 o'clock. And of course wings and wedges should be explored.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews