JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To answer your own question ask yourself this one...Where else am I going to find a polymer framed gun with a stainless slide, an overall height of less than 4.2", an overall length of under 6.3", 10 round capacity, night sights, the reputation for toughness Glock has, that is as easy to find parts for, and is chambered in the .357sig round for under $750. :)

It will be really nice, no doubt. I guess I just don't understand the need for the stainless slide. I'd like the gun just as well stock at the stock price and color unless there's something I'm missing. ??

It will be really nice, no doubt. I guess I just don't understand the need for the stainless slide. I'd like the gun just as well stock at the stock price and color unless there's something I'm missing. ??

Yup, you are missing that I do not like plastic sights on a carry gun, I do not like finishes that wear easily on a carry gun, and I prefer the look/corrosive resistance of stainless. :)

Since I cannot find a gun that meets me criteria perfectly off the shelf I find it well worth the $750 it costs to built one that does. Plus, I had the G33 just sitting around doing nothing so that is the major part of the investment already scratched off. :)

Yup, you are missing that I do not like plastic sights on a carry gun, I do not like finishes that wear easily on a carry gun, and I prefer the look/corrosive resistance of stainless. :)

Since I cannot find a gun that meets me criteria perfectly off the shelf I find it well worth the $750 it costs to built one that does. Plus, I had the G33 just sitting around doing nothing so that is the major part of the investment already scratched off. :)

Fair enough. :) It'll be really nice. :s0155:

Be sure to post pics when it's done. It'll be worth seeing.

i agree the stainless will look great but not that tennifer wears off easily or is corrosive
The tennifeer finish does not wear off easily, but the black finish on the slide wears off very easily. The black is not part of the tennifer finish. The actual tennifer finish is a light grey. Also, stainless does not lend itself to scratches like any finish does. It will not scratch off and the finish can be easily repaired with some sandpaper if it does get scratched. :)

these stainless slides, I can't see them reflecting light, am I wrong? they seem to have a kind of matte finish to them. Oh and in the words of Tommy Lee Jones " Lose that nickel plated sissy pistol and get yourself a glock" :D

No dog in the fight, but the slides are tennifer coated, and own three of them. Just a very lighter color difference from the oldest to the new one.
Wear if there was to be any, using the Kydex holsters. I do use them, the finish is tough, and living on the coast, no rust! Also have a conversion barrel for either of the Glock 22s from Lone Wolf, along with a handful of 9mm magazines. The barrel would stick out some, but most likely would work on the Model 27 also. I do have a friend who has a ported and lengthened Lone Wolf job, and it functions and works great. I believe Lone Wolf will also refinish to a darkened metal SS. Not sure if Tennifer or not!
I have the Glock standard on the G27, and their night sights on the G22s.
These are not tender plastic subject to breakage. In fact, never have seen or heard of a sight failure with their fixed factory. I don't know anything of their adjustable ones.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top