JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm lost here. First, to me a Glock is a very good basic go-bang. I don't want to get so much money tied up in one to where I could have had a higher-end gun for the same price.

Next, I like all-black guns. I don't want something that reflects light if I have to pull it. That means I'd have to parkerize that slide or something.

If I buy a basic Glock with factory night sights it's going to cost under $550. That's it for me for a Glock.

It's not that hard to get $1,000 tied up in a Glock. It's not that hard to get that much tied up in a Ruger 10/22 (with optics) either. I've just never been up for that.

Not to deliberately rain on the parade, but Glock + slide + sights + bluing + small parts + labor sends me in a whole different direction with my money.

I agree that the gun will be nice though, with someone else's money, LOL. :s0155:

I'm lost here. First, to me a Glock is a very good basic go-bang. I don't want to get so much money tied up in one to where I could have had a higher-end gun for the same price.

Next, I like all-black guns. I don't want something that reflects light if I have to pull it. That means I'd have to parkerize that slide or something.

If I buy a basic Glock with factory night sights it's going to cost under $550. That's it for me for a Glock.

It's not that hard to get $1,000 tied up in a Glock. It's not that hard to get that much tied up in a Ruger 10/22 (with optics) either. I've just never been up for that.

Not to deliberately rain on the parade, but Glock + slide + sights + bluing + small parts + labor sends me in a whole different direction with my money.

I agree that the gun will be nice though, with someone else's money, LOL. :s0155:
To answer your own question ask yourself this one...Where else am I going to find a polymer framed gun with a stainless slide, an overall height of less than 4.2", an overall length of under 6.3", 10 round capacity, night sights, the reputation for toughness Glock has, that is as easy to find parts for, and is chambered in the .357sig round for under $750. :)

To answer your own question ask yourself this one...Where else am I going to find a polymer framed gun with a stainless slide, an overall height of less than 4.2", an overall length of under 6.3", 10 round capacity, night sights, the reputation for toughness Glock has, That is as easy to find parts for, and is chambered in the .357sig round for under $750. :)

This is a little bit bigger, but has a 14rd cap :D (and is stainless)

Not to throw the thread of track but here is a quick quote from a thread I did on some ballistics testing a friend and I did with our SD guns and ammo.

(expension is simply rated in POOR=did not always expand and never fully, FAIR=usually expanded partially but never fully, GOOD=always expanded partially and sometimes fully, VERY GOOD=Always expanded usually fully, and EXCELLENT=always expanded fully)

(recoil is stated on a 1-10 scale with 1 being very mild and 10 being abusive)

.380acp
Average penetration: 11.75" - Average Expansion: Fair - Recoil: 5

.38spl
Average penetration: 12.00" - Average Expansion: Very Good - Recoil: 4

9mm
Average penetration: 12.50" - Average Expansion: Good - Recoil: 5

.40S&W
Average penetration: 14.00" - Average Expansion: Very Good - Recoil: 7

.357sig
Average penetration: 14.75" - Average Expansion: Very Good - Recoil: 6

.357mag
Average penetration: 15.00" - Average Expansion: Excellent - Recoil: 9

I didnt mean to sound like I was dissing the .357, its just that some high pressure cartridges don't perform as well as advertised out of a short barrel.
That is why we tested for ourselves. I was surprised at how well they all did out of the subcompact guns. The biggest surprise to me was that the .357sig out performed the .40S&W. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top