JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally, I wouldn't buy a safe off of Craigslit I couldn't move myself. That's just my personal concerns though.

Reason being, well I'd have to hire help, and that rite there would be something I'd prefer to avoid. I'm not saying Craigslist movers are criminals, just that the more folks know of what you have, the less secure it is.

Even bonded movers will hire "day help" occasionally.

If I were to buy a safe I couldn't move myself, it'd have to be through a safe company that would deliver & install it, and cover damages/injury liability.

-Now if my cousins from back East, or up in Alaska happened to be around, and we had equipment to move one, and one came up for sale...absolutely I'd buy a Craigslist unit.

Some great deals can be found on there.

Stack On safes originally were bolt together safes.
You assembled them like a desk from Ikea.
It made them very easy to carry the separate pieces and then bolt all the pieces together.
Not the best safe out there, but you can't argue with the ease of moving one.

We have a 16 gun Stack On with electronic lock. It took all we had to move it upstairs (2 of us). If she's looking at something bigger, she'll need help placing it and I doubt it would be very easy to move. Still should be bolted. I would recommend a Liberty, if she can find one in her price range that will hold the guns.

Thanks Guys for all of your suggestions! I appreciate it!

She called me last night and said that she bought a Liberty. Glad to hear it. I don't know what model. I'll see it on Sunday.

Again....thanks guys.

I bought a Stack On 8 rifle "safe"on Amazon. It was under $100 and defiantly not something to keep out criminals. I am retired and nearly always home, I just wanted to have a place to store my toys. For me it is just right and affordable. Keeps things out of sight for the grand kids.

I've had a 36-gun Stack-On Gun Safe for 15-plus years that I purchased from Dick's Sporting Goods on a Black Friday Deal for $350.00. Which was something like 40% of its original retail price.

It's guaranteed fire-rated for 2-plus hours and 100% water proof. Unfortunately, it weighs something like 600-pounds empty. Although it came with some very large bolts to affix it to the ground, I never did because I couldn't imagine drilling any holes in it. Plus it took four grown men and a couple furniture dollies just to get it into position.

Now that it has about 90-plus guns in it, I couldn't possibly be happier with it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top