JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To quote an old Ministry song, "resurrection coming in stereo".

Any recommended spots for this type of fishing out in the Florence, Reedsport, Coos Bay, or general vicinity? Just curious as planning some treks out that way.

Thanks. :)

To quote an old Ministry song, "resurrection coming in stereo".

Any recommended spots for this type of fishing out in the Florence, Reedsport, Coos Bay, or general vicinity? Just curious as planning some treks out that way.

Thanks. :)
I have only heard of squid fishing in the bay are, so I would be curious about squid in any north coast bays as well. Inquiring minds need to know!

Real popular fishing for squid in Port Angeles off the city docks/piers. Catch more at night but many still fish during the day with jigs. Crabbing off the pier too with rings and traps. Read the fishing regs for season and limits.

Oh yeah.....

1701918407075.png

The "freshness" is guaranteed. Because, it's still alive when consumed.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....that's NOT a squid.

Detail, details....

There are lots of types of squid, some are better eating than others. The little ones they sell for bait are being used properly. I did a night time squid trip out of Dana Point, CA about 20 years ago. The squid we ran into were all 4-5 pounds a piece, smaller ones can't hang out with bigger ones because they eat each other. It was crazy though, you could consistently hook one within a few seconds of dropping a jig. I had been squid fishing before but never on a large party boat and it was nothing like that trip. I ended up with about a 65# burlap sack full of squid and I was soaking wet head to toe. Once cleaned each one yielded about an 8x11 sheet of meat that was close to half an inch thick. Anyways, it started off tasting good but towards the end of that haul we were trying new ways to cook it up to get rid of it, l was never really into squid after that.

Last Edited:
There are lots of types of squid, some are better eating than others. The little ones they sell for bait are being used properly. I did a night time squid trip out of Dana Point, CA about 20 years ago. The squid we ran into were all 4-5 pounds a piece, smaller ones can't hang out with bigger ones because they eat each other. It was crazy though, you could consistently hook one within a few seconds of dropping a jig. I had been squid fishing before but never on a large party boat and it was nothing like that trip. I ended up with about a 65# burlap sack full of squid and I was soaking wet head to toe. Once cleaned each one yielded about an 8x11 sheet of meat that was close to half an inch thick. Anyways, it started of tasting good but towards the end of that haul we were trying new ways to cook it up to get rid of it, was never really into squid after that.
That makes a lot of sense!

As a tourist, if you find yourself in Pattaya Thailand and looking to burn some time. You might just wanna try this.

If you prefer.....there is even a night time squid fishing adventure/restaurant and show.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....if you're gonna be eating "fresh fish/sushi" don't forget the wasabi and soy sauce.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads