JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've never handled or fired this gun, but Springfield and a few Reviews I've read, have some pretty good things to say about it, so I'm considering it.

Anyone here own one? How do you like it?

What would/should I expect to pay for one locally?

Do you know any dealers who have a 2 Tone in stock?

Your input is greatly appreciated! :s0155:

Frog.

Have one - haven't gotten it out to the range yet - like it ergonomically - picked mine up from coctailer on this board - got a screamin' deal on it. Don't know if he still has any though.

I love the way this gun shoots. It would my #1 recommendation for a 9mm if I wasn't so obsessed with Sigs :D

I feel like I saw a two tone at Sportsman's about a month ago, but I would definitely support/buy from board members first! Gotta keep it in the family, ya know?'

I had an XD9SC bi tone, great gun, but traded it off a while back.

A lot of the larger dealers should have bi tones in stock, for you up there, check keiths or gun broker, or any other large inventory shops. Or I'm sure one of the FFLs on here could order one for you.

I bought one years ago and love it. I have at least 15,000 round through it with no problems. The only things I have done to it besides clean it are replace the guide rod and spring with an aftermarket solid rod and wolff spring as well as spending it to Robar to get it coated in NP3. These were not required, but i do highly recommed the guide rod upgrade. It is cheap and makes it so you can replace the spring much easier later down the road, plus it helps minimize muzzle flip. My XD9 is my go to CCW gun I carry everywhere. I just picked up a XD 45ACP Compact which I really like too and may start carrying too.

I would also recommend taking a look at the new XDm in 9mm too. 19 rnds of goodness as opposed to the 16 in the standard XD in 9mm. Supposedly it has some other upgrades as well, but that is the one that I can remember.

Ironically enough I was just at the range today trying to decide on a handgun. I rented a USP and XDM in .40, and I liked the XDM wayyy better.

I'd prefer a traditional safety like the USP has, but I absolutely hated the mag release button. I have a big hand and still my thumb wasn't long enough to push the mag release button without adjusting my grip.

I'd say the ergo's on the USP are awesome, but the ergo's on the XDM are perfection.

Now I'm looking for the best deal on an XDM 9mm, any color- so long as it's black!

I have a XDm .40 and a XD .45 acp 4" barrel . Totally different pistols . XDm is a wicked accurate pistol . I was at Wild Bills in Mollala the other day and he had a new all black XDm 9mm for $575 . I would have bought it but I wanted the 6.8 spc bushmaster upper he had :D .

The 99 pawn on hwy99 in milwaukie has a used bi tone Black w/ stainless upper XD 9mm in a sub compact for $475 . Looked to be very clean and hardly used . Might call Wild Bills and see if he has a Bi tone XDm9 . I thought he did but it may have been a .40 . Good luck !

I have a XDm .40 and a XD .45 acp 4" barrel . Totally different pistols . XDm is a wicked accurate pistol.

+1 on that. I've got a Glock 21 (.45) a Taurus PT92 (9mm) and an XDm .40 that I got from coctailer a few months ago.

Hands down the XDm is PERFECTION and I love my other two. :D

Nice thing about the XDm .40 is the 16 round mags and I was lucky enough to buy when they were giving away two "free" extra mags (4 total) so I am in heaven. :p

Thanks chopped&bobbedburb,

I'm pretty convenced that I want the 4". I've got a PPK 380 auto and I want something with a bit more distance accuracy.

Good price, though.

Thanks,
Frog.

Just a FYI Frog, you may want to check the S&W Walther website on your PPK. I heard they are having recalls on ALL PPK's made from 2003-2007 (I think those are the right years, double check to be sure).

Dad got one a few months ago. We had been trying to encourage him to get a good, high-capacity 9mm for Speed Steel and such. Really tried to sell him on the Glocks, but he resisted every step of the way, Glocks just aren't his thing (to me... does not compute). He checked out just about every hi-cap 9mm out there. Civil had let dad shoot his XDm in fotay and after that, dad kept comparing everything to the Springfield XDm, so he picked on up. It's got a black frame and stainless slide. He prefers the smallest back strap. He is still learning how to live with the striker fired pistols, but absolutely loves his little XDm.

I hate it. Maybe it's just from shooting Glocks for so long. Who knows.

Ironically enough I was just at the range today trying to decide on a handgun. I rented a USP and XDM in .40, and I liked the XDM wayyy better.

I'd prefer a traditional safety like the USP has, but I absolutely hated the mag release button. I have a big hand and still my thumb wasn't long enough to push the mag release button without adjusting my grip.

I'd say the ergo's on the USP are awesome, but the ergo's on the XDM are perfection.

Now I'm looking for the best deal on an XDM 9mm, any color- so long as it's black!

Yes, I don't know anybody who can reach it. I use my middle finger on the other side of the frame, and I most likely have bigger hands (longer fingers, thin structure) than everyone here. I don't know what they were thinking, but I still love the USP. It seems like a personal preference to me.

I bought an XDM 9mm in early january and love it. I bought the black w/stainless slide full size from the Marksman in puyallup. I think out the door it was about $670? The all black ones are about $40 cheaper. Only shot it a few times but I'm planning to use it in the IPSC competitions when springfield finally sends me my extra 2 mags.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top