JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't often forgive my boycotts, but this does have me seriously considering it. I've always needed a HP in my life, and at the suggested retail price I'm more than tempted.

However I would hate to give money to Springfield after their stunt in Illinois. I may end up having to wait for one to come down second hand.

Damnit why couldn't ruger have gotten their hands on the HP clone!!!

I don't often forgive my boycotts, but this does have me seriously considering it. I've always needed a HP in my life, and at the suggested retail price I'm more than tempted.

However I would hate to give money to Springfield after their stunt in Illinois. I may end up having to wait for one to come down second hand.

Damnit why couldn't ruger have gotten their hands on the HP clone!!!
This is why I too will wait for one to hit the used market.

I want one but not at the inflated prices. Hopefully they'll start hitting the shelves soon and then prices should regulate.
I just gave my LGS 600 to get the first one he gets in. It should be quick he picks up the hard to get bubblegum quick.

Jason Burton putting 10 hrs of work into a hi power of any make would double its value.
Probably quadruple it. But if Jason Burton is telling me that a bone-stock pistol, right out of the box, is already a worthy pistol, I'm buying one.

Amidst the Springfield Armory bash-fest, the fact remains that a lot of really good smiths still use SA 1911s as base models. If my four SA 1911s (what? the horror? some of the parts are from Brazil?) are any indication, I'd bet SA can do a pretty damn good Hi-Power.

Probably quadruple it. But if Jason Burton is telling me that a bone-stock pistol, right out of the box, is already a worthy pistol, I'm buying one.

Amidst the Springfield Armory bash-fest, the fact remains that a lot of really good smiths still use SA 1911s as base models. If my four SA 1911s (what? the horror? some of the parts are from Brazil?) are any indication, I'd bet SA can do a pretty damn good Hi-Power.
There's really nothing that needs "fixed" anyways so..

It's my opinion that those selling these at auction don't have them as yet just like the rest of us. My question would be why them first? These aren't a special production run like Ruger does for Talo and Davidsons. They will be shipped thru the normal channels so basically when they hit the streets they will be available to everyone at about the same time. I'm looking forward to getting one at MSRP or less, not more hopefully soon.

It's my opinion that those selling these at auction don't have them as yet just like the rest of us. My question would be why them first? These aren't a special production run like Ruger does for Talo and Davidsons they will be shipped thru the normal channels so basically when they hit the streets they will be available to everyone at about the same time.
That's not how it works. Almost all firearm manufacturers will not sell to dealers. They only sell to distributors. As a lot goes out the door from a factory it goes to a distributor. They can then decide how they want to divide up what they have to who. The people who are the best customers of course get the best service. This is not anything new. Its been like this for a VERY long time. Every time a new one comes along it takes a while before they are in shops for all to buy. The people who can get early examples can and do make some bank off them. Unless the dealer on GB is trying to make sure no one will ever use them they have the gun in hand they are selling. I have bought a few guns this way over the years for the same reason. Last one was when Ruger hit with the 9mm Carbine. When I found one at a premium I could live with I pulled the trigger and ordered it. The next day when I went to my FFL to tell him it was on the way he said he had been trying REAL hard to lay hands on one for 6 months and could not. "Normal channels" have long been just like this. The best dealers get the new stuff first. Others have to wait longer. How long tends to depend on how much inventory they can sell. Those who want one of these at what will shake out to be the "normal price" will have to wait till the pipe line fills good.

Yes I'm aware of the process to get a firearm from a Manufacturer to me. I put my order for my SA-35 with my local gun dealer and the same day he put his order for most likely more than just my gun with his distributor. Shortly after the distributor gets their shipment my gun will ship to my Dealer and I'll get a phone call to come get it. I get it that sometimes that process take longer I'd like but it is what it is. Last gun I ordered was in stock at the distributor and I got it in a week. The one before that I waited just over a year to get.

Yes I'm aware of the process to get a firearm from a Manufacturer to me. I put my order for my SA-35 with my local gun dealer and the same day he put his order for most likely more than just my gun with his distributor. Shortly after the distributor gets their shipment my gun will ship to my Dealer and I'll get a phone call to come get it. I get it that sometimes that process take longer I'd like but it is what it is. Last gun I ordered was in stock at the distributor and I got it in a week. The one before that I waited just over a year to get.
This one may be different as the distributor is marking it allocated. Which means your dealer can't just order it off the site.

I'm really looking forward to seeing one up close. I've owned Hi Powers thru the years but they've come and gone. Partly because I kept going thru the "9mm ain't enough" stage to jumping on the SIG or Beretta bandwagon. I also never found a thumb safety that I liked. But this SA model looks right so far.

Hope to hear a review from someone here soon.

All I know is what I was told and that is that my gun was ordered, When I'll get is anyone's guess.
"Ordered" tends to be a VERY open ended term depending on who you are dealing with. Each distributor sells "hot items" to the best customers first. So if your FFL is high on the priority list with the distributor you may well get your gun soon. It all depends on how much inventory your FFL moves in a week. Some sell hundreds of guns in the same time another may sell a few. So the place moving hundreds of course gets FAR better service. It's why when I bought my Ruger PCC my FFL had had them on "order" for 6 months and never saw one. Place I bought mine from was a shop in Maine who had dozens of them. There was a reason that guy had dozens and my guy here could not get a single one. Just the way it works. Soon enough these will be out there and easy to find but, it takes a while. Remember when Ruger came out with that budget S/A .22? It took off like a rocket. Same thing was happening. Most shops could not lay hands on one since so many wanted one. Dealers on the auction of course did have them, for a premium. Those who did not want to wait got one that day, but, they had to pay a little extra to not wait.

I have no idea why you need to bust my chops over this. I ordered a SA-35 from my local gun shop. One I've been doing business with for over 20 years. He's been in business over 50 years.I'm not worried about getting the first one off the production line. I'll get one when it's my turn. All ordering one when I did was get my name in line. This is not my first gun purchase, I've been a gun owner since 1979. Heck I'm in the industry with owning an ammo manufacturing business and all so I might just happen to have a clue or two.

I have no idea why you need to bust my chops over this. I ordered a SA-35 from my local gun shop. One I've been doing business with for over 20 years. He's been in business over 50 years.I'm not worried about getting the first one off the production line. I'll get one when it's my turn. All ordering one when I did was get my name in line. This is not my first gun purchase, I've been a gun owner since 1979. Heck I'm in the industry with owning an ammo manufacturing business and all so I might just happen to have a clue or two.

ippon.jpg