JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have no idea why you need to bust my chops over this. I ordered a SA-35 from my local gun shop. One I've been doing business with for over 20 years. He's been in business over 50 years.I'm not worried about getting the first one off the production line. I'll get one when it's my turn. All ordering one when I did was get my name in line. This is not my first gun purchase, I've been a gun owner since 1979. Heck I'm in the industry with owning an ammo manufacturing business and all so I might just happen to have a clue or two.
No idea what you are on about now.
You said this: "It's my opinion that those selling these at auction don't have them as yet just like the rest of us."
I "tried" to explain to you that this is not how it works. That any dealer on the auction, taking money for a gun he does not actually have, would be setting himself up for getting no business. I am not sure why this offended you so but it is reality. When some new item is hot and rolls out the people making them can not possibly make so many all at one time that everyone who wants one can have one. So telling yourself that the people who did get one early really do not have them is well, delusional. The fact is I tried to explain how it works and this seems to have upset you a lot. :s0092: Certainly was not what I set out to do. I of course do not know your FFL, so no idea if he is selling enough inventory to be top of the list or not. Some certainly are, this is where the ones on the auction come from. Sadly many dealers who do not get top spots will lead customers on. One dealer here did my Wife one time over a KT S2K. Took her money, claimed he could get the gun for her in a week. Was supposed to be surprise for me. Weeks later he was making excuses so she told me. I went to speak to him. He lied to me. Blamed KT, said they treat dealers like crap. I listened to his tale, then told him KT does not sell to dealers. At this point I could see on his face he knew I knew he was lying to me. Wife had signed a deal with him that she could NOT get a full refund of the money she had given him up front. Now all of a sudden he was willing to give her all her money back.
So again I do NOT know anything about your FFL. He may really be high enough on the sales roster to get the gun for you this week. If he is fantastic. Seems this happens often. People have some "idea" of how things work, people tell them the truth and they get mad and feel they are being attacked because someone told them the truth. :s0092:
:s0092::s0092:
If your FFL can get you one of these now I hope you share with us how it performs at the range. I so far REALLY like the way they sound and when they fill the pipe line and start selling for less than MSRP I very well may have one too.

I'm entitled to my opinion and no amount of if so, maybe, sort of, might, someday ect has changed that. I own an ammunition manufacturing business. There is a primer shortage going on. I get offers all the time claiming they can get me large quantities of primers at 4X what my wholesaler will sell them to me when he get them in from the manufacturer. All I have to do is pay up front and wait 4 to 6 weeks for my order to ship. This tells me they don't accually have the primers in stock or maybe it's just me and my life's experiences that don't allow me to be so gullible or trusting you can pick whatever word you believe fits best about me. This is my last post on this thread. I will do a first impressions/ range report when I get my gun in my possession.

That's not how it works. Almost all firearm manufacturers will not sell to dealers. They only sell to distributors.
There are a couple that will, DS Arms comes to mind.

I kinda wish SA would have gone with a fully adjustable rear sight but hopefully the one I eventually get will shoot POA but I foresee an LPA rear on mine.
I hope they do a version with the rear sight ramp, like the German WWII models.

There are a couple that will, DS Arms comes to mind.

I hope they do a version with the rear sight ramp, like the German WWII models.
That would be why I said almost none. From past memory several used to commonly sell to FFL's. Been so long I can't remember any more why most of them quit doing it that way any more and went to the "only to distributors" route. I know Springfield is not one who does sell to FFL's. Sure someone here probably remembers what it was that caused most of them to stop selling direct.

There's already a range report up on Youtube.
Yep, actually I already saw this one - and a few others as well which is what piqued my interest in the gun! And when Oremike gets his I may have to head over to see it personally (and visit another friend over there as well!)

After I see my first SA-35 - there very well may be a mis-marked CZ 75BD posted in the classifieds - well after I get the SA-35 that is!

Last Edited:
Yep, actually I already saw this one - and a few others as well which is what piqued my interest in the gun! And when Oremike gets his I may have to head over to see it personally (and visit another friend over there as well!)

After I see my first SA-35 - there very well may be a mis-marked CZ 75BD posted in the classifieds - well after I get the SA-35 that is!
As soon as I heard about these I looked and found a couple on screwtube too. Like it a lot better when I can hear from members here that are probably less likely to be someone who may "color the truth" so to speak? As in were not sent a gun free to test but actually bought it themselves. ;)

For those who like me really have a bad case of want for these price is dropping fast. Out of curiosity I have been watching the big auction. Several up for $1300 with no CC fee. So far have seen one for 1K. Still a couple trying for twice that but that has to be people who are taking a shot in the dark. At this rate it should not take long for them to get to MSRP though :)
:):):)

For those who like me really have a bad case of want for these price is dropping fast. Out of curiosity I have been watching the big auction. Several up for $1300 with no CC fee. So far have seen one for 1K. Still a couple trying for twice that but that has to be people who are taking a shot in the dark. At this rate it should not take long for them to get to MSRP though :)
:):):)
That is good news. Well, Springfield said they were shipping last week. It shouldn't be too much longer.

This is good to hear. I remember seeing the same thing when the Ruger PCC was released - and I got lucky and found one in my local Bi Mart - maybe I'll get as lucky with an SA !
Yep with every new "hot item" some get lucky and stumble on one at places like a PX and such. One of the ones I saw was in a little SMALL town up by the mountain here. So I have to guess it was not some high volume dealer there, he just got lucky and talked his distributor into one. So he was of course offering it up for a huge mark up, which I certainly do not blame him. Make hay while sun shines and all. When I was watching the Ruger PCC's I finally pulled the trigger at $525 & no CC fee from a place in Maine I had seen. They were getting a dozen or so at a time so they must be some HUGE damn operation. When I went in to tell my FFL it was on the way he was mad. Since he had not been able to get a single one for 6 months and he had people calling him daily for one :D

Yup, insanity is all over the place regarding these non-FN Hi Powers….

8A3926F6-604C-4737-B254-7863EF2D2002.png