JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Humans will do anything to be the first or the only.
True but I ask who other than myself gives a rat sass that I was first? Then... I see all the folks who weren't first but who do have an extra $500-$700 in their pockets because they were more patient than me and I ask " Who's got 2 thumbs and zero brains?". Then I turn and see the answer in the mirror.:s0054:

If I could have one....................................dream on, tac!
From the comments following that vid, the Guns & Ammo author said
"According to Springfield Armory, the slides and frames are machined here in the USA."

In answer to a question others posed here earlier.

True but I ask who other than myself gives a rat sass that I was first? Then... I see all the folks who weren't first but who do have an extra $500-$700 in their pockets because they were more patient than me and I ask " Who's got 2 thumbs and zero brains?". Then I turn and see the answer in the mirror.:s0054:
I often figure a lot of this has to be how much "disposable income" different people have. Back in the days when I went to shows a lot I a few times sold something for enough I drove home feeling guilty to some extent. It was their money though and some probably can toss around $600 the way I might toss $6, so to them its nothing. These are holding at $1200 as of today and I have to guess a few are paying that price. I guess it must be people who can toss the extra hundreds of bucks since to them its nothing. :s0092:
I guess its great for the FFL's who got one and can make a quick buck. Some of them probably barely made it through this great hoax.

I am, at times, the only Keltec and Taurus supporter! Do I win a prize!
If you get one you have to share with me. I have been a fanboy of KT since before I found this site. Don't currently have any Taurus but, have always been ready to say I have owned several and have zero problems with recommending them to anyone who has realistic idea's of what they get with them.:D

I guess it must be people who can toss the extra hundreds of bucks since to them its nothing.
And that is fine however but never in my life have I felt the need to pay twice or more just to have the 'latest and greatest' of anything - regardless of the amount - even if it was an item where double the price was not that significant. And, while most of the time it was not necessarily a case of money stopping me but just the feeling that by doing so I was not giving myself the time to consider the purchase, ensuring it was something I really wanted etc. Doing something as impulsively as this would have in a way, lessened the 'desire' to have and respect the item I bought. I hope this makes sense!

And that is fine however but never in my life have I felt the need to pay twice or more just to have the 'latest and greatest' of anything - regardless of the amount - even if it was an item where double the price was not that significant. And, while most of the time it was not necessarily a case of money stopping me but just the feeling that by doing so I was not giving myself the time to consider the purchase, ensuring it was something I really wanted etc. Doing something as impulsively as this would have in a way, lessened the 'desire' to have and respect the item I bought. I hope this makes sense!
Yes it does and I find myself doing this all the time. Even with items that cost a few bucks. I have found myself skipping over some item because it was a buck cheaper somewhere else. Sometimes I laugh at myself, thinking its "being cheap". I guess having lived many years hand to mouth it made me that way on some things. Nothing against those who want to pay $1200 for one of these even though I would not . Since I say all the time that if I won the lotto I would buy some NFA stuff at insane prices. Difference I guess is that's not a matter of waiting. When the at that time new Ruger PCC hit I was in LOVE. Being a HUGE fan of PCC's. I started watching the auction and when one hit at around $50 more than I figured they would bottom out at I started getting serious, and finally bought. Tempting to buy one 6 months earlier at hundreds more? Hell yes, I can certainly afford it. Like you it would take a lot of the "joy" out of having the gun if I over paid like that though. As much as I would love to have one of these new HP's, and I can certainly afford to pay the going rate, I would be mad at myself the whole time I was trying to enjoy the damn pistol. Not to mention I would be somewhat embarrassed to admit to others I paid that much for the damn gun. :cool: