Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Spring back, Fall Forward

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rufus, Nov 2, 2011.

1. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Anyone else hate DST?

2. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

yes why don't they just stick it in the middle at a half hour between and leave it there.

civilian75 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. ejmpnu92

ejmpnu92 Hillsboro, Or Active Member

That might make too much sense.

4. rufus

Yes, it does. Can't have that!

5. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Maybe. There are about 10 time zones that are different by 30 minutes, and a couple that are off from their
    neighbors by 45 or 15 minutes--depending on which side you are on. That has never made any sense at
    all to me!

6. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Daylight savings time sucks.

FA9 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

+1 Maybe we can try keep pushing later in fall and earlier in spring until we can get rid of it all together. :p

8. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I'd love to see daylight or standard go away. I'm not a fan of the time change.

9. byronnlunz

byronnlunz Beaverton New Member

No wonder you hate it... you're doing it wrong. It's spring forward, fall back.

10. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

That's what I was thinking!

I'd prefer it stay daylight savings time myself.

11. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If you worked Construction in the Summer you sure wouldn't mind having that early sunlight. Cause paving a road at 5 in the afternoon sucks more then a little

12. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

If people want to take advantage of DST then change the time you start work. The rest of us should not have to change our clocks for a few. DST sucks

13. nubus

nubus Guest

I'm pretty sure I can manage to use the daylight outside regardless of what a clock says. Supposedly there was a bunch of studies that proved it saved energy in the winter months. Hogwash! I love the fact that several states like Arizona just told everyone to piss off and don't participate. In this day and age it seems pointless and ultimately a confusing nuisance.

GMT(-8:00) works just fine for me.

14. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Doesn't Arizona stay on DST? I know there are a few other states that picked one time and stuck with it. Indiana is also one that doesn't participate in the changing. They are DST all year long.

I also remember back in the early '70s, during the Arab oil embargo, that we didn't switch from DST during the winter. Sure made it very dark walkin to school. But we thought it was a fair trade because we had that much more time to play in the evening!

15. rufus

That explains everything! I'm always an hour late, or early, or something, depending on something else. I'm so confused. :huh: And dyslexic... :p

16. Sling Blade

Sling Blade Yamhill County Well-Known Member

On a related note, when they revised the calendars back a million years ago, why didn't they put the months where they should be according to their names? For instance, SEPTember should be 7th month, OCTober should be the 8th, and so on. No wonder we are all korn-fused!