JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That might make too much sense.

Maybe. There are about 10 time zones that are different by 30 minutes, and a couple that are off from their
neighbors by 45 or 15 minutes--depending on which side you are on. That has never made any sense at
all to me!

If you worked Construction in the Summer you sure wouldn't mind having that early sunlight. Cause paving a road at 5 in the afternoon sucks more then a little

I'm pretty sure I can manage to use the daylight outside regardless of what a clock says. Supposedly there was a bunch of studies that proved it saved energy in the winter months. Hogwash! I love the fact that several states like Arizona just told everyone to piss off and don't participate. In this day and age it seems pointless and ultimately a confusing nuisance.

GMT(-8:00) works just fine for me.

I love the fact that several states like Arizona just told everyone to piss off and don't participate.

Doesn't Arizona stay on DST? I know there are a few other states that picked one time and stuck with it. Indiana is also one that doesn't participate in the changing. They are DST all year long.

I also remember back in the early '70s, during the Arab oil embargo, that we didn't switch from DST during the winter. Sure made it very dark walkin to school. But we thought it was a fair trade because we had that much more time to play in the evening!

On a related note, when they revised the calendars back a million years ago, why didn't they put the months where they should be according to their names? For instance, SEPTember should be 7th month, OCTober should be the 8th, and so on. No wonder we are all korn-fused!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top