JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
With over 12 train derailments since Jan 1, 2023 one has to ask are we under attack or it just a failure of Bidens Build back better and/or "infrastructure" bill?
With over 6 million illegals coming into the country and hundreds from the terror watch list, its pretty easy to believe any number of countries could be working on dismantling our infrastructure or at least our trusting our country to defend us from same. It has become clear that the Train wreck of a presidents "infrastructure" bill coupled with his "Build back bester" are exactly that. a "TRAIN WRECK". For all his rhetoric about spending money on America, we are becoming used to the headlines "TRAIN WRECK". More than a dozen train wrecks have been reported in the U.S. this year, including an explosive train derailment that led to the evacuation of an Ohio town on February 3. So if he took our tax money and gave it to Ukraine, because that country needs retirement plans for its Government employees. Yes, Biden spent millions for that very cause, screwing the people who lost that money to the tax man and one has to wonder whats next as we see the light at the end of the tunnel flickering.

With over 12 train derailments since Jan 1, 2023 one has to ask are we under attack or it just a failure of Bidens Build back better and/or "infrastructure" bill?
With over 6 million illegals coming into the country and hundreds from the terror watch list, its pretty easy to believe any number of countries could be working on dismantling our infrastructure or at least our trusting our country to defend us from same. It has become clear that the Train wreck of a presidents "infrastructure" bill coupled with his "Build back bester" are exactly that. a "TRAIN WRECK". For all his rhetoric about spending money on America, we are becoming used to the headlines "TRAIN WRECK". More than a dozen train wrecks have been reported in the U.S. this year, including an explosive train derailment that led to the evacuation of an Ohio town on February 3. So if he took our tax money and gave it to Ukraine, because that country needs retirement plans for its Government employees. Yes, Biden spent millions for that very cause, screwing the people who lost that money to the tax man and one has to wonder whats next as we see the light at the end of the tunnel flickering.
A lot of food plants seem to have had catastrophes lately too. What I don't know is how common these types of incidents are, and whether we're seeing more than normal lately, or there really are more.

Hyper focus since E Palestine incident. Probably right around the same number as any other year.

Railroads are privately owned and maintained by the companies themselves.
Yes but they are HEAVILY regulated by the gov. This is often where a lot of this "fun" comes from. Gov agencies put up all kinds of roadblocks to making money. So companies like a railroad pay law makers to carve out ways for them to have less control so they can make more money. Soon safety is back burner until some disaster happens. Then here comes the same gov regulators who were paid off to swoop in and "fix it". :s0092:

"Build Back Better"? Is the big LIE. Where did all the money go that were in people investments and retirement accounts? What are we supposed to build with? Those hopes and dreams are trashed thanks to the current crop of deviates in DC and our state.
What's next? More of the same probably, if Trump keeps up with his stupidity.

"Build Back Better"? Is the big LIE. Where did all the money go that were in people investments and retirement accounts? What are we supposed to build with? Those hopes and dreams are trashed thanks to the current crop of deviates in DC and our state.
What's next? More of the same probably, if Trump keeps up with his stupidity.
Seems your definition of better is not in alignment with the overlords. Probably time for some censorship.

Yes but they are HEAVILY regulated by the gov. This is often where a lot of this "fun" comes from. Gov agencies put up all kinds of roadblocks to making money. So companies like a railroad pay law makers to carve out ways for them to have less control so they can make more money. Soon safety is back burner until some disaster happens. Then here comes the same gov regulators who were paid off to swoop in and "fix it". :s0092:
Yes, but that doesn't shift the maintenance responsibility, if that's what caused these derailments.

I'm in no way defending the government, but the anger in this particular case seems misdirected.

It seems that much more digging is needed to determine how/if derailments have changed and if anything nefarious is behind it. :s0153:

- There may be fewer, but are they more severe and closer to population centers?
- Is there a reason that the huge numbers of incidents weren't reported in previous years?
- What defines a derailment in previous years, has it changed to make things look better?
- Are the causes of the derailments changing?
- Have reporting guidelines changed?
- Has rail traffic decreased?

Keep in mind that neither the Government nor the Media have exactly stellar records of honesty... does anyone actually believe that inflation is at 4.6% or unemployment is under 5%? :s0092:

( and, Pete Bootybuger is in charge of those stats, soooo....)

Many on the left were quick to blame Trump for the train accidents, something about he allowed further deregulation.

I don't try to blame the train accidents on an administration. I will say, I have seen absolutely zero evidence of anything being "built back better" and I might add America wasn't "made great again" either.

I feel we are being sold on our own demise.

How can no one see how we are built back better??? I see tons of ADA ramps and landings at intersections that don't have sidewalks getting torn up and replaced with brand new ones. Even though they've never been used. I really like seeing the ones that have a stupid steep approach just to get the proper grade for a couple feet and then back down the other side at a steep grade. Tax dollars well spent, replacing these cost close to $10,000 each and I see dozens everyday on my commute that have never even been used!

Yes, but that doesn't shift the maintenance responsibility, if that's what caused these derailments.

I'm in no way defending the government, but the anger in this particular case seems misdirected.
Totally. There is only one place who is at fault, the people who maintain and run the thing. Sadly though as always money talks, BS walks. So the Co that made the giant screw up will of course have to pay out but, they will also keep paying the correct people to not have to really fix things. It just irritates me to watch the same regulators who are bought off jump up and down to say they are going to "fix this" when they were the ones who allowed it to get this way. Same thing we are seeing now with banking. Yet again the Gov agency that is paid to watch them was taking money to turn a blind eye to what they were doing. So they will again now bail the people out who should end up in jail. Round and round it goes with the people paying taxes always on the hook. :s0092:

How can no one see how we are built back better??? I see tons of ADA ramps and landings at intersections that don't have sidewalks getting torn up and replaced with brand new ones. Even though they've never been used. I really like seeing the ones that have a stupid steep approach just to get the proper grade for a couple feet and then back down the other side at a steep grade. Tax dollars well spent, replacing these cost close to $10,000 each and I see dozens everyday on my commute that have never even been used!
This ^^^^^. In my neighborhood alone I've seen perfectly good corners with ramps, torn out and new ADA ramps installed. They just replaced these 7-10, years ago? Way back they replaced the old ramp, which was fine, it just didn't have the yellow painted metal with nubs. It had the grooved concrete on the ramp. In the last year or so they tore out the ramps with the yellow metal with nubs and replaced them again! And while they're doing this the potholes in the roads grow bigger and bigger. The heads of PBOT and ODOT need to be fired. Along with which ever critter's is salem and potland oversee the agencies.

This ^^^^^. In my neighborhood alone I've seen perfectly good corners with ramps, torn out and new ADA ramps installed. They just replaced these 7-10, years ago? Way back they replaced the old ramp, which was fine, it just didn't have the yellow painted metal with nubs. It had the grooved concrete on the ramp. In the last year or so they tore out the ramps with the yellow metal with nubs and replaced them again! And while they're doing this the potholes in the roads grow bigger and bigger. The heads of PBOT and ODOT need to be fired. Along with which ever critter's is salem and potland oversee the agencies.
Just compound that across the entire US and how many dollars?

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top