JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Funny... Assault weapons were designed to "spray fire" from the hip... I don't recall being trained to shoot a single weapon from the hip (other than my mouth), after 8-yrs. in the Army... Must have been asleep during those training blocks.

On the firing line, I was trained to shoot my first 2 rounds from the hip if the life threatening piece of paper was 5 yards away, but that's about it. As fate would have it, I tend to be exponentially more accurate when utilizing sights.

Wow!! She needs to get her facts straight and stop "shooting from the hip"!! She is "spray firing" Bull out of her mouth! She states in another video that you are less likely to die from a knife than a firearm because a person does not have enough power in their arm to do the same amount of damage!!?? Really?? Fact is you are more likely to die from a knife attack than you are from being shot!!
Keep spewing your lies you dumb bumbling B1t-charlie!!

The anti-gun folks have no clue what they are talking about and if they do, they sure as heck don't mention it! They just feed propaganda to the mass of people uneducated on guns.

Who spray fires from the hip in a trench warfare? I just don't get that one.

From the mouth of the editor of the newspaper I worked at "All guns are full automatices". I was the photoeditor. I had to take the rest of the day to go take pictures and decide if I wanted to cry, give her a verbal how stupid can a human be, or laugh myself into a coma. The next day I gave her a short civial lesson on firearms. However what I said went way over her head.
Hip fired a M-60 on a bet one time. That will rock your world.

"Spray Fire"???!!! ROTFLMAO!!!

Stomper:
For a long time, an "infantry assault" was trained to be done as an entire unit on line, weapons pointed toward the enemy positions in front of them, and firing one round (or a short burst, if you carried a BAR or M60 MG) as your left foot hit the ground. The firing position was "underarm" or "hip" as you moved forward. I think that I can find an old FM 7-10 from the '60s that illustrates this. Anthony Herbert (in his book "Soldier") mentions Airborne Infantry companies at Fort Bragg (early '60s) being encouraged to race to the top of an objective/hill - first ones there "won". This was what passed for "tactics" - and still does, occasionally.

Of course; the people who required this "tactic" in training never seemed to be present when a rifle platoon actually had to go up a hill under fire from real bad guys. After initial contact, the survivors learn "fire and movement" and use of supporting fires rather quickly!

I think that "hip" firing is a misnomer anyway (cowboy stuff): We tend to lock a long-gun under the firing elbow and against the ribcage. This is necessary to brace longer, heavier weapons such as the M1, M14, M60. Nowadays, we move with the butt of the M4/M16 locked against the firing shoulder and looking over the sights. I am pretty good at "point" shooting with an M16 out to about 25 meters, either underarm or from the shoulder.

For the M60 MG, we used the "thigh", "underarm", or "shoulder" firing positions for assaults. Having tried this with the M240B, you might be able to use the thigh or underarm, but will just fall over if you try to hold the '240 in the air against your shoulder - too long, with too much weight too far forward! (The M240 is a "support" weapon, not an "assault" weapon.)

For many years in my service, we used fire team wedges in the maneuver area, but were required to move on-line (safety, you know ;) for every live-fire exercise. Hippocracy reigned! ("Train how you fight - except when it's not 'Safe'"!)

Marines 1970-74 (not infantry). Army infantry since 1974 (CalARNG; RA; ORARNG; USAR)(AIT at Ft Polk). Still maintain my 11Z, though I have four recent trips down-range on Civil Affairs missions (38B).

Thanks for YOUR service!

Spray fire from the hip!

Flame-thrower3.jpg

"Spray Fire"???!!! ROTFLMAO!!!

Stomper:
For a long time, an "infantry assault" was trained to be done as an entire unit on line, weapons pointed toward the enemy positions in front of them, and firing one round (or a short burst, if you carried a BAR or M60 MG) as your left foot hit the ground. The firing position was "underarm" or "hip" as you moved forward. I think that I can find an old FM 7-10 from the '60s that illustrates this. Anthony Herbert (in his book "Soldier") mentions Airborne Infantry companies at Fort Bragg (early '60s) being encouraged to race to the top of an objective/hill - first ones there "won". This was what passed for "tactics" - and still does, occasionally.

Of course; the people who required this "tactic" in training never seemed to be present when a rifle platoon actually had to go up a hill under fire from real bad guys. After initial contact, the survivors learn "fire and movement" and use of supporting fires rather quickly!

I think that "hip" firing is a misnomer anyway (cowboy stuff): We tend to lock a long-gun under the firing elbow and against the ribcage. This is necessary to brace longer, heavier weapons such as the M1, M14, M60. Nowadays, we move with the butt of the M4/M16 locked against the firing shoulder and looking over the sights. I am pretty good at "point" shooting with an M16 out to about 25 meters, either underarm or from the shoulder.

For the M60 MG, we used the "thigh", "underarm", or "shoulder" firing positions for assaults. Having tried this with the M240B, you might be able to use the thigh or underarm, but will just fall over if you try to hold the '240 in the air against your shoulder - too long, with too much weight too far forward! (The M240 is a "support" weapon, not an "assault" weapon.)

For many years in my service, we used fire team wedges in the maneuver area, but were required to move on-line (safety, you know ;) for every live-fire exercise. Hippocracy reigned! ("Train how you fight - except when it's not 'Safe'"!)

Marines 1970-74 (not infantry). Army infantry since 1974 (CalARNG; RA; ORARNG; USAR)(AIT at Ft Polk). Still maintain my 11Z, though I have four recent trips down-range on Civil Affairs missions (38B).

Thanks for YOUR service!

LOL.... I was a 60 gunner too, and you more or less made my point for me... A shot or quick burst for SUPRESSIVE FIRE whilst you manuver under fire... Not spraying.

Thanks for your service, too!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads