JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only reason my trigger says GA on it is because I found a Hi Speed National Match(normally $280) in the NWFA classifieds for $150. I had a POF in it before that was great and I was perfectly happy with it. The GA's are on a whole other level though. I fully intended on selling it at the next gun show, but once I set it up in my trigger jig to see what the fuss was about, I was hooked, and had to keep it.
Great deal! If I could find that trigger for $150 I would be all over it.

Great deal! If I could find that trigger for $150 I would be all over it.
I honestly didn't like 2 stage triggers, and still don't like most of them. For most applications, I can make a Milspec trigger pull at less than 5 lbs and take all the slack and grit out of it with a $.39 set screw and some light polishing.
Since my SPR is a dedicated bench gun, I'm not afraid of having a second stage break of less than 1/2 lb... but if I was carrying it around I'm much more comfortable with something that takes a little more effort to pull, so most of my ARs have standard single stage triggers that I have "tuned".

By most, I mean the ones that were lost when a gust of wind blew me and my bicycle off the bridge on my way back from the range... sadly they were lost along with my bicycle and my giant gun toting backpack:( I was lucky to make it to shore alive!
54C6790C-7764-4859-9B07-D6AF8406BF22.jpeg
Rest in piece my old friends.

I honestly didn't like 2 stage triggers, and still don't like most of them. For most applications, I can make a Milspec trigger pull at less than 5 lbs and take all the slack and grit out of it with a $.39 set screw and some light polishing.
Since my SPR is a dedicated bench gun, I'm not afraid of having a second stage break of less than 1/2 lb... but if I was carrying it around I'm much more comfortable with something that takes a little more effort to pull, so most of my ARs have standard single stage triggers that I have "tuned".

I could never get used to 2 stage triggers on a bolt gun, but i love them on my AR's. They almost seem more fitting on a precision AR build, than a bolt action rifle...

Well sounds like my LPK is supposed to ship sometime between tomorrow and Tuesday. Still 2-3 weeks out on the trigger and scope. I'm getting antsy. :s0100:

The Larue MBT-2S is a great trigger, especially when it's on sale for $99! Most reviews consider it almost dead even with the Guiselle SSA-E.

@ItsLunchBOX, I have a special proposition for you... I currently have a spare MBT-2S that has not been put into service yet. You are welcome to it, and can just give me yours in return when it arrives. No strings attached, just a simple one for one swap. Just let me know if you're interested.

I will be building a very similar SPR style rifle in the near future, using the Ballistic Advantage version of that same barrel. I'm glad to hear one good review so far, and can't wait to hear how yours performs.

Overall, I'm a big fan of both the SPR and Recce style rifles. They both offer a lot of versatility, and can be amazingly accurate with the right ammo. After all, who doesn't like a good precision rifle? :s0155:

The Larue MBT-2S is a great trigger, especially when it's on sale for $99! Most reviews consider it almost dead even with the Guiselle SSA-E.

@ItsLunchBOX, I have a special proposition for you... I currently have a spare MBT-2S that has not been put into service yet. You are welcome to it, and can just give me yours in return when it arrives. No strings attached, just a simple one for one swap. Just let me know if you're interested.

I will be building a very similar SPR style rifle in the near future, using the Ballistic Advantage version of that same barrel. I'm glad to hear one good review so far, and can't wait to hear how yours performs.

Overall, I'm a big fan of both the SPR and Recce style rifles. They both offer a lot of versatility, and can be amazingly accurate with the right ammo. After all, who doesn't like a good precision rifle? :s0155:

I may just take you up on that! If the scope shows up before the trigger I'll hit you up for sure . Thank you for the offer, it is sincerely appreciated! :)

Well my LPK finally came in and a buddy at work gave me a spare MBT-2 trigger until I get mine. I'll finally get my rifle put together this weekend minus the scope. Expect more pictures soon!

What's Larue's hold up? 5 weeks?
I know they make great stuff, but I won't buy any of it myself... the owner goes out of his way to bad mouth his competition on arfcom.. American Defense(a superior mount IMO)in particular. he comes across as an arrogant pr*k...just a personal beef I guess. I won't deny the quality though.

CooCoo doesn't get my business either, for a QD mount I'll stick with Bobro but I'm looking forward to seeing what Scalarworks comes up with. For a dedicated precision rig, Spuhr

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top